Author Topic: Put the mutagen scanner in an area where you have time to read  (Read 1380 times)

MF

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Put the mutagen scanner in an area where you have time to read
« on: January 03, 2016, 09:43:41 pm »
The endgame is already frustrating enough as it is and the mutagen puzzle requires some thinking, or time to write down the mutagen combinations. I couldn't do it in one, two or even three trips to a safety hatch or the exit to the north. It was easier to just let the eye counter increment itself while I wrote everything down and then load my savegame before that.

I understand the change in tone and the peak in difficulty. I like it and I think the decision to make the character relatively weak again is very strong and adds to the atmosphere tremendously.

But why gimp and frustrate the player this way? I'm playing an RPG, not a frustration simulator. My character's tedium should not be mine.

At the very least make the counter stop during dialog so I can use the scanner and actually read what it says.

PS I know I can read the dialogue feed after the fact, but that thing refreshes with each transition and save, so that's not a reliable method.

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Put the mutagen scanner in an area where you have time to read
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 12:45:10 pm »
I couldn't do it in one, two or even three trips
My strategy so far when there has been a time limit while I'm reading dialogue (eg the Free Drones train bomb) has been to whack Alt-Printscreen, Escape out of the dialogue, then press Enter to get into turn-based (effectively pausing the game until I act). Then I paste my screenshot into GIMP or whatever, and read it at my leisure. It's a workaround, but it works.

It only works when playing in Windowed mode though - for some reason the screenshots are completely black if done in fullscreen.