Author Topic: Pathing bugs  (Read 3200 times)

Kaerius

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Pathing bugs
« on: May 27, 2013, 01:40:30 pm »
The blue eel fishing / siphoner map has severe pathing issues for the siphoners on the rock paths between islands, you can usually retreat to the nearest path and then kill them with zero risk as they can't close with you.

The doorway(back door) in junkyard, the house you approach through the mushroom garden for the lucky knife mission has melee pathing issues(you can end up in melee range but unable to melee).

Phyroks

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Pathing bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 10:07:37 am »
Still those siphoners seem to have path finding issues. Deadly danger turns into xp farm with skip turns and waiting cds.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 01:51:45 pm »
How do you bug out the siphoners on the rock paths exactly? I just tried it, but they seem to close in just fine.

Kaerius

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 12:12:30 pm »
Trigger spawn, run across rock path(the paths across the water), they can't follow, possibly too narrow for them. Pick them off at your leisure.

PS: Issue still present in 0.1.9.0
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 02:07:18 pm by Kaerius »

nellone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 01:24:40 pm »
near the first mindshroom on the bottom of the map,  the paths are completely broken.
Cause of that you may get stucked in front of a siphoneer and cant attack him, because it blocks you from walking.. and you need to walk in some wierd place to touch it.
I reported this bug also in another post
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:20:42 pm by nellone »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 02:15:55 pm »
I managed to break player pathing! I think. The terrain looks passable here. ???

Also, pathing creates noticeable lag when the route takes over 1000 MP, more than the junkyard gang war aftermath ever did for me.
Though pathfinding for this long paths probably shouldn't ever happen in normal conditions.

That map is nefariously slow with pathing calculations, I know. There's a technical problem with the engine when mapping really long routes and the map in question is really prone to this happening due to narrow circular layout. I'll probably need to tackle this problem at some point, though it's usually not an issue.