Author Topic: Stealth build?  (Read 2900 times)

Infiltrator

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Stealth build?
« on: February 15, 2015, 01:19:00 pm »
Hey all, I've dropped in to check the status of the game once again, and I'm interested in doing a re-run and see how its been going. Since I always favored stealthy characters, I was wondering if a dex/agi based backstabber would go, and what do you guys suggest as auxiliary skills to deal with stuff you can't.. well.. stab?

I was thinking maybe dropping will since I don't intend to use psi and putting some points in perc so I can use guns? Or just forget about firearms and focus on throwing for ranged attacks? What has worked for you?

Thanks.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth build?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 07:18:36 pm »
Well, throwing would allow you to utilize EMP grenades and poisoned throwing knives.
Crossbows obviously always go well.
A lot of fights can be circumvented.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 11:54:27 pm »
Throwing weapons work fairly well with any dexterity based melee attacker (which includes knife users). Throwing knives work well as a way to hit targets that are slightly out of reach; crafted poisonous knives have very useful status afflictions. Grenades and caltrops work well for crowd and terrain control. nets are also awesome.

Traps also work well as an auxillary skill. You don't want to step on a land mine or any trap that would leave you defenseless so it's useful for avoidance. Being able to set up traps before combat to soften/immobilize targets can turn difficult straight forward fights into trivial ones. If you plan on investing in lockpicking and mechanics anyway , the synergies will make it so you won't have to put that many points into it.

Pistols and SMGs work well with dex and perc. I wouldn't use pistols with knifes because i'm not really sure two single target combat skills work well together, but I never tried it. No strength requirements or move and shoot penalties.

Infiltrator

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 02:43:53 pm »
Thanks for the reply guys. I guess SMGs are more like an AoE addition since you can't just be chucking nades all the time and obviously you can't knife everything to death.. (not that I'm looking to kill everything mind you, given I plan on using the oddity system which seems much better in terms of letting us make characters who don't have to be able to kill everything).