Author Topic: uncovering landmines, reloading weapons  (Read 2062 times)

screeg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
uncovering landmines, reloading weapons
« on: September 05, 2013, 08:12:37 pm »
Need some method of triggering enemy mines that I can't disarm, like stones you could throw.

When hovering over a pistol to bring up reloading options, description directly obscures ammo.  A straight-up reload current weapon with current ammo option would be nice, like a single key shortcut or a left or right click on the quick icon.  Also, the ability to disarm your own caltrops.  I don't care about recovering them, but I used some in what turned out to be a main thoroughfare and probably lost 300 life at various times accidentally walking over them again and again.

Also a keyboard shortcut to swap weapons would be welcome.  I know it's easy already, but every little shortcut helps streamline combat.  It's also inconsistent that that's the only thing on your belt that isn't attached to a key.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:27:45 pm by screeg »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: uncovering landmines, reloading weapons
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 10:13:51 pm »
You can trigger mines with any kind of AoE attack, such as grenades.

Hold shift and the utility (red) action bar will turn into reload bar.

Watch where you throw them caltrops. ;)

Adding more keyboard shortcuts is in the task list.

screeg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 07:32:45 pm »
Spending a grenade to trigger detected enemy mines is a solution, but kind of an expensive one.  Add rocks to the game as grenades with no blast radius or effect!  :)

The caltrops thing is kind of sucky.  What about making the player immune to his own caltrops, too kind?

By the way, I wish the player wouldn't trigger his own mines.  This is the first game I've played where I can place mines and also trigger them.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 11:03:57 pm »
Spending a grenade to trigger detected enemy mines is a solution, but kind of an expensive one.  Add rocks to the game as grenades with no blast radius or effect!  :)

The caltrops thing is kind of sucky.  What about making the player immune to his own caltrops, too kind?

By the way, I wish the player wouldn't trigger his own mines.  This is the first game I've played where I can place mines and also trigger them.

I might implement a way to auto-detect traps with some sort of device. However, if I do that it will also require resources to activate.

Sorry, caltrops are meant to have this disadvantage.

Your character will automatically walk around the mines they can see.