Author Topic: [Expedition Spoiler] Nexus of Technology  (Read 3723 times)

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
[Expedition Spoiler] Nexus of Technology
« on: August 04, 2019, 04:20:52 pm »
Ok, the professor ask my to explore the Nexus of Technology, but I have no idea how to get there. I managed to reach the harbor at K7, there is an electronic panel but in the wrong side of the wall. I tried to reach the other side by exploring surronding area, now I'm far in south now, at J3 (LemCo)

What did I do wrong ? am I supposed to explore the Nexus later ?

Thanks

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [Expedition Spoiler] Nexus of Technology
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 04:37:04 pm »
You know, it's funny. I went to where I was supposed to go, but the Nexus was closed. Nothing openable.

So I cased the joint like a good thief, looking for any entranceways. All around the facility is that stupid swamp, and I blasted my way through it and found no entrances.

Before I did that, though, I landed on K7 and kept walking wherever I could, following the rock wall. I had to fight some crabs, and it eventually led me to the mouth of a spider cave.

I thought to myself, "this looks like it may go beyond the north wall." If true, it might lead to native territory, where I didn't want to go (I had asked the Muties about where the various factions were).

I now understand that the spider cave leads (eventually) to the NoT. So if I had just kept going on my initial exploration, it would have led me right to the NoT as intended. (Instead, I went to the horticultural centre and did that quest).

That's kind of bad design. Because the way into the K7 facility is very protracted and unintuitive. I knew the spider cave would lead somewhere cool, but I wasn't sure it would be the facility.

Despite the awkward design, my intutition had told me to follow the caves, and I didn't listen. So now I'm going back to finish the job.

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 04:50:14 pm »
Yeah I found the spider cave you're talking about, to the east yes ?

I'm with you with the "stupid swamp", those locust's hives are f-ing bullshit.

Guess I'll go back there . . . with the sheer number, the entanglement attack and the cramped space, I think I would prefer face Black Crawler . . .

And since I opened a spoiler section, can anyone point me the locations of the unique lemurian armors, especially the marine one please ?

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 05:05:22 pm »
Since I'm going there too, what weapons / armour do you think I should bring? I'm an SMG character, and have a big armour wardrobe, but I'm not sure about the ammunition (AP / HP / electrical) + grenades / incindiaries).

Hawk

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 07:39:50 pm »
Pick CAU Protectorate armor (if you got one) and Biohazard boots. Or you can craft an Infused Leather Heartbreaker armor which gives you decent protection against local fauna. Except the Sea Wyrms... But for those you need CAU armor. And use energy shield. As for weapons, SMG burster should be good against anything living there. Be sure to have a stock of antidots aswell.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:35:56 am by Hawk »

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 09:50:10 pm »
Yes, I ended up using infused Heartbreaker armour on the route to the Nexus, which was capable of dealing with any insects and serpents on the waterways, and the bugs in the swamps nearby. Then, I switched to some biohazard riot gear with stealth fabric, which has a low armour penalty, and can handle any crap in the spider nests and facility.

I used 400+ SMG rounds and a number of combat consumables to blast my way through all that crap.