Author Topic: Trouble getting past a sidequest.  (Read 3580 times)

ReinbachThe3rd

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Trouble getting past a sidequest.
« on: December 09, 2012, 03:59:38 pm »
I'm fairly close to the beginning, I've only just found out about my character's innate psionic abilities. I'm doing the sidequest for one of the psi trainers, more specifically the sidequest where I need to one of those overgrown rat creatures with a crossbow bolt that causes muscular decay or something.

Now, my problem is I've shot multiple rats with this special crossbow bolt, but there's no body or anything to collect an item off of after it's been killed. Also, those rat things are completely destroying me. Seriously, how the hell are you supposed to fight five of those things as once?

toudi_sk

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
    • Madbrahmin Vault Forum
Re: Trouble getting past a sidequest.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 04:14:12 pm »
I kill rathounds through fence gate/ normal door (he bite me max. in first turn), but you need shoot rathound with special bolt only one shot and kill him with normal bolt/ pistol/ knife and take issue from remains on floor

more creatures at once you can kill with grenades, or some psi abilities (block/ fire),
but in beginning use sneak to trying avoid those battles
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:29:50 pm by toudi_sk »
I apologize for my google translator english

looking for NORTH? follov number 3

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 05:49:48 pm »
As toudi said, you only need to hit them once with the bolts and the tissue sample will appear in the remains.

If you have trouble with rathounds, try throwing using flares. They are afraid of them.

toudi_sk

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
    • Madbrahmin Vault Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 06:37:14 pm »
but it took until I figured it out, my brother try this quest and failed too

but tactics with fence gate is his idea
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:39:00 pm by toudi_sk »
I apologize for my google translator english

looking for NORTH? follov number 3

pringdew

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 08:23:13 pm »
i usually have no trouble with rathounds because of one simple thing that has to do with the map, bottlenecks....get their attention, run to a bottleneck, and just like that you only have to deal with one rathound at a time....easy peasy....

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 08:25:23 pm »
i usually have no trouble with rathounds because of one simple thing that has to do with the map, bottlenecks....get their attention, run to a bottleneck, and just like that you only have to deal with one rathound at a time....easy peasy....

I did the same thing, the battles with the Alpha hounds became really easy because of this. I do like the way you can utilize the level design to your advantage though, it adds a bit of depth to combat tactics.

ReinbachThe3rd

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 08:49:43 pm »
I've hit multiple rathounds with single special bolt, but the result is still the same after their deaths. No remains to be seen after death and no tissue sample as well. I'm sorry, I'm probably annoying the heck out of you all, but I'd really like move forward with the game and not be stuck at the same point forever. xD

After I hit them with the special bolt I'll generally switch over to my pistol (since firearms are my specialty and more favored weapon of choice). Would killing them with a gun make it so that I couldn't get the tissue samples?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 08:56:14 pm »
I've hit multiple rathounds with single special bolt, but the result is still the same after their deaths. No remains to be seen after death and no tissue sample as well. I'm sorry, I'm probably annoying the heck out of you all, but I'd really like move forward with the game and not be stuck at the same point forever. xD

After I hit them with the special bolt I'll generally switch over to my pistol (since firearms are my specialty and more favored weapon of choice). Would killing them with a gun make it so that I couldn't get the tissue samples?

No, you can finish them off however you want. Are you sure your special bolt actual hit (did damage)? Could it be that you just missed the remains, maybe? Try holding TAB after you kill it and it will highlight remains if any.

pringdew

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 07:06:22 am »
i am not saying you are slow or stupid here or something but is it possible you are not understanding how the mechanics behind using specialized bolts work...that sounds like the only other possible outcome of what the problem may be...