Author Topic: Problem with Dude's next quest  (Read 1390 times)

Black Angel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Problem with Dude's next quest
« on: July 24, 2019, 11:26:13 am »
After giving Dude that stash of mushroom brew, you were supposed to drink with him, and once it's done, follow him to his house in Core City.

The thing is, if I, say, been playing for a few hours or just reloaded a save up to the point before drinking with him, the game would just freeze with the dialogue window popping up but I can't do anything. Before dialogue window pop-up, a cutscene-esque sequence should've play out with Dude entering his house and our character following him.

If I loaded a save fresh from launching the game, this problem won't occur, the cutscene will plays out and the quest will goes on.

Vrab

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Dude's next quest
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 10:40:49 pm »
About the same quest, I'm stuck in the house, found the hidden safe but can't find the key. I don't know if it's me not getting it or there being some kind of a bug. If it's not a bug I'll be more than ok with someone simply spoiling it for me and telling me what to do.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 09:45:36 am »
After giving Dude that stash of mushroom brew, you were supposed to drink with him, and once it's done, follow him to his house in Core City.

The thing is, if I, say, been playing for a few hours or just reloaded a save up to the point before drinking with him, the game would just freeze with the dialogue window popping up but I can't do anything. Before dialogue window pop-up, a cutscene-esque sequence should've play out with Dude entering his house and our character following him.

If I loaded a save fresh from launching the game, this problem won't occur, the cutscene will plays out and the quest will goes on.

Fixed for the next update. ;)

Quote from: Vrab
About the same quest, I'm stuck in the house, found the hidden safe but can't find the key. I don't know if it's me not getting it or there being some kind of a bug. If it's not a bug I'll be more than ok with someone simply spoiling it for me and telling me what to do.

Highlight to see solution -> The key is in the cracked tile in the southeastern corner of the room.

Omni

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 11:56:18 pm »
Highlight to see solution -> The key is in the cracked tile in the southeastern corner of the room.

I had found the key on my own but I have 1 Perception and cannot find/see the safe.  I'm literally stuck in the room with no way out but reloading a previous save.  Is this working as intended?

Edit: Nevermind.  I was finally able to find the safe as well behind the wall panel.  No Perception or prior knowledge makes this somewhat of a PITA.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 12:40:42 am by Omni »