Author Topic: Player vision range and npcs  (Read 1070 times)

Hawke

• Noob
    • View Profile
Player vision range and npcs
« on: August 02, 2019, 10:14:44 am »
I have noticed in particular that on the beach defense of the aegis camp that the enemy (natives/pirates) ranged guys are shooting me beyond my maximum view distance , despite testing with flares , NV goggles and the like it is making it very hard to win the later stages when i am being out-sniped from people i cannot see.

Is this intended behavior for the AI to be able to fire that far?

I have never noticed this behavior from the AI in the base game as far as i can remember

Playing on hard if that matters.

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:26:11 am by Hawke »

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Player vision range and npcs
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 10:41:43 am »
Is this intended behavior for the AI to be able to fire that far?
I have never noticed this behavior from the AI in the base game as far as i can remember
Yep, the AI can see farther than the player can.  If you haven't noticed it before, you have good luck - many of us have been one-hit killed by snipers outside of the visible screen range ;)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 11:31:25 am »
NPCs have shorter sight range, but once they are aware of you, they can target you to the maximum of their weapon's range (unlike the player). Whether this is good or not is debatable, but that's how it works and it's not a bug per se.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 12:39:42 pm »
Yeah, that's how those crossbowman work. It's kinda savage, when you think about it, but it's also good in a way, because you need to think how to protect the sec-troopers who are actually quite the easy pickings.

With a good double low shield emitter you can tank the shots.