Author Topic: Core City Riot 2: Dead Motioner Riots  (Read 461 times)

Core City Riot Survivor

• Noob
    • View Profile
Core City Riot 2: Dead Motioner Riots
« on: November 24, 2023, 05:58:38 pm »
I remember that circa 2016 or so the used to be this bug where Praetorians enforcers would get aggro'd by everyone in Core City by simply tresspassing into the house where a certain buglar used to spawn. This would result in random commoners turning hostile towards Praetorian as a faction, which led Praetorian to start mowing down half of the Core residents in self-defense all over Core City.

Now 2023, I had the idea of taking the lower tunnel passage towards SGS from Core City because I wanted to save on 10 charon train ride, but on my way out of the place I came across two random encounter rogue plasma walkers. Since there were three Praetorians guards at the other end- I just decided to throw a tier 1 frag grenade to generate noise to lure the plasma walkers into the view range of the Praetorians so they can kill each other off.

However, this had also brought the motioner that usually spawns in the nearby room into the fight as well. One of the Praetorians decided to chuck a grenade at the plasma walkers that end up hitting the motioner in middle of the fight- then the motioner turns hostile to the guards- and then the guard fill him with lead along the remaining walkers.

I didn't pay mind to this then went on as usual: Did the Rail Crossing train quest, decided to do all the Foundry quests, finish most of the starting Oculite quests and get accepted in the Oculus, gained 3 or 4 levels in while doing all this- then I head to Core City to do the Wik quest for the Oculites-

And that's when I saw everyone mobbing on the Praetorians in the merchant's district... then I connected the dots

Now I have the Dead Motioner Riots fucking up my save file and a lot of progress that I would have to re-do because of this simple issue. I have to admit that the chances of this happening to someone else are VERY rare, as this was caused by a fight between random encounter plasma walkers and praetorians in a VERY specific area. But again, this fucked up my progress and it can happen to someone else- so it's worth reporting

Core City Riot Survivor

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Core City Riot 2: Dead Motioner Riots
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 06:06:53 pm »
I'll leave my last manual save before using one of Dude's Rifts at SGS to go to the Core City merchant district in case it can be fixed somehow.

UPDATE: Save file tampering is no longer needed. I rolled back to a previous save I had before killing the Foundry beast where the civil war scenario hadn't started yet and managed to get most of my progress redone.

Going to leave the save files for download for the sake if anyone wants to amuse themselves seeing Praetorian commit war crimes all over Core City
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 01:17:57 pm by Core City Riot Survivor »