Author Topic: incorrect crafting skill requirement with enhancements  (Read 827 times)

icantplay

• Noob
    • View Profile
incorrect crafting skill requirement with enhancements
« on: June 07, 2024, 06:58:25 am »
I'm playing the latest stable version of Underrail with Expedition on Windows 10.  Playing on easy mode.

I'm crafting a metal armor and experimenting with several tungsten and TiChrome plates and I noticed that the Mechanical crafting requirement jumps a lot higher than expected when I add a high quality armor to the enhancement slot.  The wiki and in game note indicates that the requirement should increase by 10% but it's increasing by a lot more than that.

I currently have crafting skill of 90 and several plates some of which are above my skill level and others are not.  So my plan was to use one of the lower quality plates as my primary plate then use the higher quality ones in the enhancement slots to bump up the stats.  If the additional requirement was only 10% I would be able stay under the requirement threshold.

What seems to be happening is that the game will always use the highest quality plate for your base requirement even if it's in an enhancement slot then add 10% of the requirement from the enhancement slots.  So if your highest quality plate is not in the primary slot it gets counted both as the primary plate and 10% is added for the enhancement.  The plate that is actually in the primary slot is ignored.

Let me know if you need a save file.  Should be easy to reproduce.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: incorrect crafting skill requirement with enhancements
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2024, 03:30:47 pm »
That's how it works.

Whatever component you use, you still have to meet its requirement, regardless of the slot.

Then you incur additional 10% from that slot.