Author Topic: Repairing the gate in DC (endgame spoilers!)  (Read 2342 times)

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Repairing the gate in DC (endgame spoilers!)
« on: February 04, 2016, 06:59:05 am »
I'm really at my wit's end with this puzzle. I couldn't find a manual for repairing the gate, but I managed to find a hydraulic control valve in Tithonus, a hydro-pneumatic accumulator and a couple cans of hydraulic fluid in Warehouse Block 2, another can of hydraulic fluid in the elevator cavern past the burrowers down south, and about a hundred different hydraulic pump drive shafts, including what I believe to be the correct one, the HS-89 model, which I found past the worm labyrinth. I've got 5 psimorphic biocide grenades processed from the heart of that stupid root thing that took about 50 turns to kill, I've got Maria's keycard from Caerus Residential, and I've got a red AI core from Arke. As far as I can tell this is everything I need to open the gate.

But I can't figure out how to do it. Clicking on the panel tells me to get a manual that I don't know the location of. Installing the core in the bot prompts it to call me an imbecile a bunch of times and asking it to fix the machine tells me it needs components, and that they should be placed close to the machine. What am I meant to do? I've tried dumping them on the ground in front of the panel, stashing them in the empty canister... am I being incredibly dense or is the mechanism for doing this seriously obtuse? Or am I missing something?

Edit: Nevermind. Needed the manual, as I'd suspected I might. >:( This damn fetch quest.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 08:21:45 am by Sanger »

Ntey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Repairing the gate in DC (endgame spoilers!)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 06:48:20 am »
Can you tell me where liquid cans in warehouse is? Moved through a few times and still can't find them.

Ntey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 09:00:42 am »
I've got one hydraulic fluid can near elevator and burrowers and now found one in cytosine outpost, but still no findings around warehouses. Can some1 help with that?

Ntey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 09:25:41 am »
Nvm, found them. Or I'm very blind or they spawned after some action I've taken recently.)

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 05:24:14 pm »
My best advice for DC.

On every map, loot everything that is not nailed down. And drop anything you do not plan to keep to the single container on the map.

This way, it is much more difficult to miss plot item.