Author Topic: What the point of Diassemble as a feat ?  (Read 1685 times)

Keydim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
What the point of Diassemble as a feat ?
« on: December 22, 2015, 11:44:13 am »
It seems totaly useless as a feat !

1) you may to take apart only limited items like weapons to get  stuff  wich have no  quality  Anatomically-Aware Scope, barrel and use it again in another weapons , but that it, component wich have quality will reduce it to 90%, so a new weapom from it will be worse! Ofcourse you  can attach additional Attachments but there are not so many of them on low level. 
It  seems to sell  or recycle a weapon is better choice and not waste  a FEAT for it!

somebody tell me i am wrong and miss something ! :'(

solutions:   
1) it should be a blueprint like recycle  or so be it  replace recycle , so repairing gear without that perk is not cheap !
2) more items should be able to diassamble  especially consumeable items like greandes + mines so i can convert grenade to mines and vice versa  and medecine (for vials, and tubes)
3) quality  should not be reduced !

IMHO
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:13:15 pm by Keydim »

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: What the point of Diassemble as a feat ?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 12:29:13 pm »
I don't think it's useless - I got it myself and have found some use for it:

• You can get components with it which you can't find in a shop (e.g. for me, it was the Pneumatic Reloader for my current crossbow that I got this way), plus reuse them when your old weapon becomes obsolete
  • If you find a good weapon (again, like a crossbow in my case) with the wrong secondary components on it, you can disassemble it and put the proper components on it, at the cost of a little quality drop
[li]I'm not sure about this, but theoretically, if the skill requirement drops along with the quality, you could use Disassemble to lower the skill requirement of an item to a level you can craft it at if it's currently too high. I'll have to check out if this really is the case.
[/li][/list]

It certainly is a good feat in theory and has some good uses in practice, although you can probably live without it in most cases.