Author Topic: Rathound King Armor Glitch  (Read 2256 times)

phimuskapsi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Rathound King Armor Glitch
« on: December 28, 2015, 05:09:38 am »
I see this was reported almost exactly a year ago, but if you wear the armor and get seen by a SINGLE hunter or guard, even if you take it off and go back, everyone becomes hostile. I think that if the gear does something as drastic as that it might be wise to at least put a warning on the gear, or you know...prevent hostilities if you aren't wearing it anymore.

Now I have to reload because both my auto saves have me triggering it, since I didn't know what was happening until I googled it. Say goodbye to beating the boss fight and keeping everyone alive. Lame.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Rathound King Armor Glitch
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 06:53:12 am »
Not a bug, warning not needed - save your game often instead.
Also common sense tells that they turn hostile if they see their main enemy.

phimuskapsi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 05:26:12 pm »
That's a terrible, terrible, response.

'Save Often'. Well, I'm not like most, in that I don't like to use 'Save Abuse'.

Fact of the matter is, you see the armor as any other set of armor in the game, it has stats and a look to it. There is nothing indicated when you put it on that it suddenly 'makes you hostile' to them. On top of that, given that I just worked with the damn hunters to kill the mofo that dropped the armor to begin with, AND saved everyone that was in the party with me, to me it seems that wearing the armor wouldn't make you hostile towards them.

It autosaves twice, and really, honestly, I had no idea why I was suddenly being attacked. It took me looking it up (as I said in the OP) to figure out what the hell was happening.

All they have to do is add one line to the description, in red, like all the other negative traits show:
"When worn, causes hostilities with Camp Hathor"

EDIT: I see from your other posts that you literally add nothing to other discussions, other than pointing out to 'save more often' or rail on someone for a decision they made. Keep it classy.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 05:35:27 pm by phimuskapsi »

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 05:54:35 pm »
It's not a glitch, but it is kind of a dick move. There's no reason a player would think that the armor causes hostility when there is no previously-established "disguise" system in the game. So it's basically a trap. I guess it's meant to be a funny surprise, similar to how it makes rathounds friendly, but it's not very funny to the people like the OP who get blindsided by it.

I think it would be perfectly reasonable to put something on the armor description like "Disguise: Rathound King". But if Styg wanted to do that he probably already would have, so I'm not holding my breath.

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 06:11:56 pm »
It's one of those Dark Souls moments ;D .
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

communistsquirrel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 04:33:59 am »
I don't consider this a glitch. It is perfectly logical. The hunters think you are the Rathound King, just like the rathounds see you as friendly. Wear the armor and rathounds become friendly (green). Working as intended, methinks.

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 07:37:21 am »
'Save Often'. Well, I'm not like most, in that I don't like to use 'Save Abuse'.
You can abstain from "Save Abuse" by honourably not loading saves after an undesirable outcome.

Abstaining from creating and keeping appropriate saves in the first place might be your chosen play-style. But that doesn't change the fact that saved games are a feature available to you in the game and they would mitigate the disappointment you are experiencing entirely.

All software has bugs. Backup often.