Author Topic: Stuck in Evelynn's Bunker  (Read 2835 times)

pankaks

• Noob
    • View Profile
Stuck in Evelynn's Bunker
« on: December 26, 2015, 07:17:56 am »
I so was mindlessly exploring Foundry and I stumbled into this weird looking bunker area. I read evenlynn's logs and downloaded the data but now I am unable to get out of the bunker since I don't have Evelynn's key card since she isn't here. The electronic lock on the north side won't work without the keycard and I can't go back the way I came in since the electronic door outside the bunker decided to close itself on me.

I also used up my quick saves and auto saves in the bunker since all those dead bodies led me to believe something real bad was about to happen. Am I missing something or is my playthrough basically screwed? My last save is from 3 hours ago.

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in Evelynn's Bunker
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 10:31:02 am »
I can't go back the way I came in since the electronic door outside the bunker decided to close itself on me.
I did that too.

The trouble is that in the slums:
  • it is dark
  • the door opens and closes very slowly
so you can click the electronic lock (multiple times) and not really see / know whether it's open or closed, opening or closing, etc. and find yourself finally able to move through the doorway while the door is unexpectedly on its way down.

But then, the bunker is a mantrap, so in that respect, it is working as intended (as far as in-game fiction is concerned).

My last save is from 3 hours ago.
3 hours all alone in the basement? What were you doing? The only thing I can think of is that you got hooked playing the Games on her laptop.

I did that too, actually, but I didn't twiddle my thumbs for long, waiting for Nicolas to come down the chute (Tchort only knows why he has never hooked up with been hooked up by Evelyn (and Hannibal Messer?) before now). One autosave on your way into the bunker; a second autosave coming up the ladder to discover the electrodoor has shut, means you have to go back to an earlier save game. Save early, save often. Software isn't perfect; make backups.

Something else you could try is:
  • backup your "Quicksave" slot, just in case anything goes wrong
  • reload any earlier saved game
  • travel to Foundry
  • go into the slums
  • hack the electro door and pick the trapdoor
  • save the game into a new slot, eg "Rescue"
  • explore to "C:\Users\Me\Documents\My Games\Underrail\Saves\Rescue\lmaps" and sort the files by Date Modified; it looks like the most recently modified files would be:
    • "fo3_slums.ap"
    • "fo3_slums.uzdm"
    • "FO3_slums_L1.uzl"
    but I could be mistaken
  • copy these files into "C:\Users\Me\Documents\My Games\Underrail\Saves\Quicksave\lmaps" overwriting the existing files
  • load Quicksave in Underrail, and you should have everything from your playthrough, with just the slums map "imported" from the state in your "Rescue" playthrough
If that doesn't work, try making sure:
  • you are out of the slums map when saving "Rescue" and
  • you are out of the slums map on the save you're about to import the slums map to
just in case the game gets confused if the map is blatted while you're actually within that same map.

Lightzy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 10:45:32 am »
Most likely there's a simple debug code you can type in the console to open one of the doors there, but only the Dev knows

sfg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 11:13:10 am »
Wait, this is kinda weird. I entered the bunker through that door in the slums got the evidence and was able to get out through the same door with no problem. Wasn't this supposed to be possible?
I couldn't open the double door near the turrets, though, no matter what I did, but after snitching on Evelyn I went back and there was a guard near the turrets and the door was open which I found kinda weird.
And is something supposed to happen with that inaccessible vent where the bodies are?

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 12:25:30 am »
If you use the trapdoor in her pantry, you get external access to her bunker door but cannot open it without the keycard, which Evelyn has.

If you are male and go along with her "I shouldn't talk to you but you're so nice I can't help myself" seduction, and dive down the laundry chute in her bedroom, you get internal access to her bunker door but cannot open it without the keycard, which Evelyn has. You also get internal access to the escape ladder, but it's locked on the outside (in the slums).

If you hack and pick slum access to the escape ladder, you get internal access to her bunker door but cannot open it without the keycard, which Evelyn has.

You can get the flash drive evidence via the slum access when the bunker is vacant; then get seduced and get another chance while she's rampaging; then escape via the ladder or kill her to get the keycard to open the bunker doors.

Alternatively you can report her to the Chief in his secret hideaway town hall, in which case guards arrest her and open the bunker doors themselves, without you having seen or used the keycard.

The situation in the OP is that the player only accessed the bunker via the slums, but in the dark it's easy to click the Electronic Lock at the wrong time, or too many times, resulting in it starting to roll downwards while you're walking through it toward the trapdoor and ladder. You're then stuck on the wrong side of the roller door without access to the Electronic Lock. If you don't realise it you can proceed and then find yourself unable to get out again.