Author Topic: Player environmental damage not yielding experience  (Read 1779 times)

scazzy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Player environmental damage not yielding experience
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:10:43 am »
Hey,

First off, congrats to developers on such an awesome game!

Just one query/observation. As far as I can tell, there seems to be an inconsistency with environmental damage and experience gain in classic XP mode. For example, fire from molotov cocktails I will classify as environmental damage. It is indirect damage the player deals to enemies.

In classic XP mode it appears that enemies do not always yield experience gain when they die in fire. I have recently recorded a LP type series and have numerous cases where this is clearly shown to be the case. Is this working as intended?

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Player environmental damage not yielding experience
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:39:27 am »
Well, it was the case in old versions, but was fixed. Looks like not completely fixed.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 07:47:58 am »
As far as I can tell they yield experience if they die from a DOT effect you apply to them (i.e. if your molotov sets them on fire and the damage tick kills them), but not if they die from damage inflicted by simply walking over fire. Presumably applies to acid etc too.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 08:22:21 am »
There might still be some cases where it's not handled correctly. I'll look into it when I get the time.