Author Topic: Reloading Ammo  (Read 3085 times)

Hazeron

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Reloading Ammo
« on: February 11, 2016, 10:40:22 pm »
I was really dissapointed when I learned that you can only use empty casings to make special ammo. Can you make it possible for us to reload them into basic, JHP, or AP rounds that normally you can only purchase? Of course, you would probably need to add gunpowder and such, but it would be cool to be able to reload all those empty casings you get without having to grab a ton of special components.

eLPuSHeR

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Reloading Ammo
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 07:44:15 am »
+1

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 10:11:34 am »
Not a bad idea actually but I'd say make it only possible with the Disassamble feat. When I served in military I remember a device specifically designed to pull off the projectile from the ammunition.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 10:28:14 am »
You can use a kinetic bullet puller for that, but the game doesn't incorporate tool use in any way. Most of the things you can craft in the game would realistically demand highly specialized tools. I can't imagine why you'd need Disassemble specifically for making regular ammunition when you don't need it for making weird ammunition; for turning regular bullets into gunpowder/metal/etc, sure.

Hazeron

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 05:03:34 pm »
I just feel that it makes sense; we can apparently make plate metal armor out of high quality tungsten with our bare hands, shape sheet metal into a riot shield, and make energy weaponry, all without tools, but we can't make normal bullets?

Wildan

• Scavenger
  • Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 09:23:34 pm »
I misunderstood your original post. I thought you wanted to make empty casings 1:1 from normal ammunition so you can refill them as special ammo. Technically you would be disassembling bullets in that case. Right now the only way to get empty casing is to fire bullets and hope to get some saved. I actually did that at some point with 9mm ammo at the shooting range.

Now that I understand, I agree with you. It should be definatelly be possible to craft the other ammo types as well.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:25:12 pm by Wildan »

Hazeron

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 10:24:33 pm »
Only problem is where we'll get depleted uranium, sulphur, and nitrate from. 

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 04:44:36 am »
Don't need depleted uranium. You could maybe synthesise W2C (tungsten semicarbide) from tungsten plates, and there are powders already available. Being able to turn all of your regular ammunition into W2C would actually make for a pretty compelling reason to take Disassemble.