Author Topic: Locate Wit Nosek? - Panacea computers nonresponsive, Coretech only doc #87ac8x0  (Read 2982 times)

gonemongoose

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
(GOG) 1.0.1.8. After getting stuck I went to the wiki and followed the guide from the top (even returning to already visited places).

Coretech Research Facility Computer Console (the one in the middle of the floor with all the sentry bots) only gives one option: document #87ac8x0, which gives "broken link", no clues about Nosek and Al. I went back to Panacea since the wiki says activated computer items in Panacea open up Coretech Facility computer options, and there's a Laptop, and a Computer Console, but both are nonresponsive, not even a dialogue box comes up. I think they were also nonresponsive when I first got there; regardless, if there's a clue in the Panacea computers, those things should probably be re-readable for player reference, or else have the clue listed in the mission journal when the right Panacea computer dialogue is activated.

I can't get any dialogue option with Nosek regarding his assistant Al. No option to ask Jon the Beautiful about "Thallo" either.

(I also went back to Oculus to get to hacked level 3 on the Consoles, told the guy I found Nosek but couldn't get him to talk, and went through every single Oculus computer item (via Mainframe floor Console), and I installed the bug from Twitch and repaired the TV. And tried Panacea again. Still nothing.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:01:23 am by gonemongoose »

gonemongoose

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Yeah, that helped, I didn't see the door to that computer room w/ the working computer. That's fair enough since IIRC all other doors aren't highlighted w/ the label toggle.

I do think the non-working laptop and console in the same map are bugs though. They highlight  and give the hand symbol like nearly all other (non-door) interactive objects but give no response, not even a dialogue box that says "no response", like a few other consoles that do just that. Not a big deal since it's an optional quest, and I haven't encountered any other issues like this one, but aggravating given the expectations set up by the rest of the game's design.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Fixed the console and the laptop. The laptop will no longer be usable, while the console will display a "no power" pop-up line when used, 'cause, well, some will figure out its purpose. :D