Author Topic: Drop a grenade through an air vent opening  (Read 2293 times)

Zalpha

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Drop a grenade through an air vent opening
« on: December 12, 2018, 11:56:54 am »
Drop a grenade through an air vent opening form inside an air duct to the outside of the air vent (don't think you should be throwing in grenades inside an air vent but I think you can do that anyway so maybe it shouldn't be limited to the direction you do this).

It could be an extra option to the look through or move through options.

It could be a perk.

It could be made that when you drop the grenade through the air vent, once it explodes you immediately jump through the air vent opening to the other side after it detonates. This is to sort of balance it out as you would then be in combat and not able to get back into the air duct to do it again. Why else drop a grenade through an air vent if not to kill what is on the other side – it isn’t guaranteed that everything in the rooms dies from that one grenade.

There could also be a range penalty implied that you do not throw it into the middle of the room but just outside the air duct (so a sort of half damage explosive range).

My post is only posting half a message... I have to keep editing it to try and get it to post the whole post message.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:01:25 pm by Zalpha »

Kendov

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Drop a grenade through an air vent opening
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 01:37:26 am »
This is something that I completely agree with. the best reason for throwing weapons like grenades which don't need perfect precision is that you don't need to see where you are actually throwing, so you can throw them out of/into cover, for example around a corner. So far, you can't throw anything without exposing yourself, which is terribly annoying since it goes against the entire concept of thrown weapons.