Author Topic: Arcade Machines!  (Read 1605 times)

Godharvest

• Probably not a Spambot
  • United Station's Citizen
    • View Profile
Arcade Machines!
« on: June 22, 2019, 05:54:49 am »
So, Im in the bar in rails crossing and i see a rathound..so i shoot it! Cause no one likes Rathounds!

No but really, All jokes asides. I noticed an unplayable arcade machine and before i even got to it i knew it wasn't gonna be playable.
But, What if they were? ;O

I think it would be really neat if each bars had their own specific arcade game you could play. Like pong, or something simple. Nothing that would exceed the graphical capability of, lets say Rally X.
Now, idk how that would work in terms of ownership rights and if you guys could legally do that. But if so, I think that would be a fun mini game! :^)

PS. As i go through my Underrail playthrough i intend to post my "wishes" and "wants" as i go through the game. Just for the fun of it :)
Not that the game isn't fantastic in of itself (I wouldn't be engaging in the forum if i didn't deem a game worth engaging with) i just like to throw idea's out and get conversations going in the hopes that maybe one of my ideas will help improve the game as is or in a future installment(s)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 05:57:03 am by Godharvest »
Andrew Tyler Egizi

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Machines!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 10:10:52 pm »
Hmm, I think it would be a bit gimmicky. There are a few game that have done similar like System shock 2 and Fallout 4, but people rarely spend much time on the mini-games.

Plus, I loved the part where you get the option on a laptop to play a game, the only option is 'underrail' and when you select it it just closes the dialogue box, hahaha. I feel like if they added actual mini-games that sarcastic, self-aware option wouldn't be quite as funny.

Godharvest

• Probably not a Spambot
  • United Station's Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Machines!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 03:50:02 pm »
Yeah, Perhaps. But me personally small stuff like that help make the game feel more alive. Thats why i would love it if you could build your own battlebot where theirs a questline to fight in an arena, similar like the arena now but with your own, modded battlebot.

Just stuff like that fills the games tiny holes. The stuff that might be pointless and not fully potent to the main story or gameplay, Could inherently turn out to be a fun side "gimmick"

But yeah, others game have done it but idk, I really liked it in Fallout 4 being able to collect little minigames.

They were kinda neat, But i wasn't talking about something as in depth as those were i was just saying like pong or even something like rallycar x.
Andrew Tyler Egizi