Author Topic: Better Ambush Indicator (Please)  (Read 2051 times)

Blackmill138

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Better Ambush Indicator (Please)
« on: August 08, 2019, 04:35:52 am »
Ambush is one of my favorite feats in the game. It's conditionally (on being active) one of the strongest and adds another variable to consider when positioning your character and managing your action points. So, it would be nice if there was a better indicator of which tiles are illuminated and which are in darkness, since taking a shot to see can be really bad if you don't get the ambush. Many times it is obvious what's dark and what's light but there's a few relatively frequent situations where it's less obvious:

- When you or the enemy is on a tile that is visually obscured by a door or wall. This can happen quite a bit. Especially if you are behind cover and out of LoS then wish to run around the corner and take a few shots.

- Enemies at the edge of a light source. Will you get an ambush bonus or should you attempt the aimed shot? Maybe this comes with experience but I'm almost done with my first DLC playthrough and don't always guess right.

- When you have night vision activated. Say, you have a spread out group of enemies, some in shadows and some in light. You want night vision active to deal with the enemies in poor lighting but now it's hard to tell which tiles are dark to proc ambush.

Very minor DLC spoiler below...

- There's a few DLC enemies that can be naturally illuminated but don't visually appear as illuminated as usually required to proc ambush. Namely, locusts, strongmen, and handmaiden.

Please, grant an ability or hotkey that highlights the tiles which are considered dark, and another that highlights those that are illuminated. Congrats on the DLC release!

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Better Ambush Indicator (Please)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 10:23:17 pm »
How about I do the following instead:

You will now see which targets qualify for Ambush feat proc based on their and your current location. The indicator will be placed left of the target's health bar.
?

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 03:00:29 am »

You will now see which targets qualify for Ambush feat proc based on their and your current location. The indicator will be placed left of the target's health bar.
?
Sounds great!

Blackmill138

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 08:04:02 am »

?

That would be great. Thanks!