Author Topic: Random dungeon encounter bug  (Read 1493 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Random dungeon encounter bug
« on: August 17, 2020, 01:17:49 pm »
On easy difficult, the diedrich/ryl random dungeon encounter (via the trapdoor just south of old jonas); if you kill the attackers before they get to see them, they keep acting like the attack is yet to happen and you can't trade with them or get your reward. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Random dungeon encounter bug
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 03:04:45 pm »
Hmm, I assume you chose to fully support them, otherwise after the battle they will ignore you. I couldn't replicate the issue you are facing but nonetheless I've done some changes and hopefully managed to fix the bug. It would help a lot if you could provide me with the save where this happened or you can tell me the steps you took precisely when this occurred.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Random dungeon encounter bug
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 09:15:33 pm »
Yes, I said I would help them.  But after I killed the four attackers (robed fanatics), anytime I clicked on D or Ryl they'd say something like "Get ready, they're coming!".  I moved out into the south hallway, I shot the east two with the torch, they died, then I ran to the west two and melee'd them.  D and Ryl never got their turns and I assume they never had line of sight.  If you refuse to help them but kill the enemies anyway, their dialogue is different so I don't think I accidentally clicked the wrong option. 

I've reloaded my save many times and can't replicate it, even doing exactly what I did the first time.  I say just ignore it, if I ever get it to happen again I'll upload the save.
*eurobeat intensifies*