Author Topic: Advice for a pure psi build in current update  (Read 7459 times)

Joe_Steel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Advice for a pure psi build in current update
« on: August 03, 2021, 12:59:55 am »
Hey, just finished the game and im looking into different builds. Im looking for any advice on making a pure psi builds because i have never done a pure psi build before so help would be appreciated.

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for a pure psi build in current update
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 01:17:12 am »
Pick 2 schools (or 1 works as well in some cases). Remember you should be able to deal with groups and robots.

Choose if you want to go psychosis or tranquility.

Choose if you want to favor stealth or initiative.

Craft your own psi beetle tact vest, psi headband.

Struggle a bit before depot A. Steamroll after.

Joe_Steel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 01:24:12 am »
Thanks Man, any advice on which schools are optimal. Also which feats are good an which are just situational.

KnifegaF

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 02:36:20 am »
I had a lot of fun with TC/TM tranquility. It could definitely go the psycho route with NO being your primary damage dealer outside of robo fights. You have an answer for both robots and bio with this combo. Plus lots of control and support

PQNY

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 07:23:55 am »
I played ~MT+ PK tranquility thermodynamicity force user - crazy amount of control over the course of a battle
TC + TM is tranqulity LoC continuum ripple is the same but maybe trickier.
Both builds just shred DOM to pieces, pre depotA, after - doesn't matter.
I feel like any combination of psi would be hugely overpowered, haven't tried psychosis route though, maybe this takes time to start working, and I imagine it's not as fun.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 03:02:40 pm by PQNY »

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 07:54:31 am »
I played TM + PK tranquility thermodynamicity force user - crazy amount of control over the course of a battle
TC + TM is tranqulity LoC continuum ripple is the same but maybe trickier.
Both builds just shred DOM to pieces, pre depotA, after - doesn't matter.
I feel like any combination of psi would be hugely overpowered, haven't tried psychosis route though, maybe this takes time to start working, and I imagine it's not as fun.
MT + PK? It is great, old build.
Continuum Riple is a trap though, don't take it. 25% Chance is very low, plus you are usually stacking TD on a single, hard target anyways.
And if you go Psychosis, Temporal Manipulation I think is not the school you should take, as skills there can't crit and buffs have high Psi cost.

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 07:59:32 am »
Hey, just finished the game and im looking into different builds. Im looking for any advice on making a pure psi builds because i have never done a pure psi build before so help would be appreciated.
TC-TM Trapper on DOM, Arena at lvl 14:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6HjEB8Exoo

Why trapper? a) Quick Tinker is super fun and useful b) Eliminates the low trap detection issue of a 3PER build 😄 Super fun build tbh, might even advise to go 10INT 16WILL to have more fun skills on hand, like Bilocation 😁

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 02:53:04 pm »
Thanks Man, any advice on which schools are optimal. Also which feats are good an which are just situational.

TC - Strong vs living and humanoids. Decent damage, good control, useless vs robots. Has one of the strongest feats in game
PK - Strongest school imho that has solution for any problem but cant be used to "deal damage" consistently. Has great crowdcontrol and very solid damage, but nearly all spells have decent CD so should not be used as solo school(unless you use some weapon to deal damage)
MT - Great damage in variety of ways (a lot of AoE), low utility, low crowdcontrol
TM - Basically no damage (Distortion is decent at best), but good utility, low crowdcontrol

For feats its better if you ask, most are good if you know how to use them, only one that could be considered "trap" is Neurology, but even that one is not that bad

As for the combination suggestion I think going PK/MT is very solid.

PQNY

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2021, 03:25:59 pm »
Continuum Riple is a trap though, don't take it. 25% Chance is very low, plus you are usually stacking TD on a single, hard target anyways.
And if you go Psychosis, Temporal Manipulation I think is not the school you should take, as skills there can't crit and buffs have high Psi cost.

Continuum ripple is the exact intent of my build. Everybody's saying it doesn't work is maybe the main reason for that.
I just felt like specced CR + LoC + Mental Breakdown/Flashbang + TD + Restealth would make for an interesting funny combo - watching enemies "infect" each other and die in real time mode.

KnifegaF

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 03:38:55 pm »

Continuum ripple is the exact intent of my build. Everybody's saying it doesn't work is maybe the main reason for that.
I just felt like specced CR + LoC + Mental Breakdown/Flashbang + TD + Restealth would make for an interesting funny combo - watching enemies "infect" each other and die in real time mode.

This definitely works but I felt like just going with NO ended up working better more often than not. It was still a decent strat even without ripple spec. I beat fort apogee doing this. If it wasn’t for running out of psi reserves I probably would have stuck with NO though