Author Topic: Caereus Residential Laptops Should Give More Dialogue with John Dyson [Spoilers]  (Read 2626 times)

Blackmill138

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
If you allocated power to Caereus Residential, and read the laptop entries, you would know that Dude, aka John Dyson, was actually an important Biocorp scientist working in the Deep Caverns. After returning to the surface, the first thing I did was visit Rail Crossing and speak to Dude, but there was no additional dialogue options. I really don't get it. You find this wacky guy called Dude in Rail Crossing, you then learn he's actually a genius in the field of Psionics and was working in the DC during Biocorp's final days, he's also managed to halt his aging process, and you can't say a thing? I think you should at least be able to ask:

How did he escape the fallout of Biocorp's collapse?
How has he lived so long? (Already implied, but could use more detail)
Are any other Biocorp engineers alive?
What we he researching? (Again, implied, but could be given some more detail)
What can he say about the Monoliths?
Can he teach you anything?

Coaxl

• Zoner
    • View Profile
I definitely agree, although I wonder how useful Dude's answers would be, given how his mind seems to be entirely focused on mushroom brew nowadays. Well, maybe he could remember through mushroom brew-induced visions...

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Heh. That was the first stop I made after DC. So disappointed that you couldn't grill him on his past afterwards.

BuzzKill

• Noob
    • View Profile
Is it even confirmed that J.Dyson is "the" Dude? Are you basing it on the capitalization of the word "dude" in the one log?

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
He was both being addressed as Dude and mentioned by others under said name in the logs. And considering that a) both mushroom brew and motion clearly have their origin in BioCorp's shroom project and b) the entirety of Underrail is pretty much a big tug o' war between Hollow Earth survivors who want their piece of the pie, it would be too much of a coincidence.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

Blackmill138

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Is it even confirmed that J.Dyson is "the" Dude? Are you basing it on the capitalization of the word "dude" in the one log?

In addition to what TΛPETRVE said, Dyson and Dude are both drunkards and have a similar manner of speech. It's not just that they share a nickname -- they have the same personality and habits too.