Author Topic: Feat Suggestion for Energy Weapons  (Read 1530 times)

Blackmill138

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Feat Suggestion for Energy Weapons
« on: January 02, 2016, 06:03:06 am »
Figured I'd share a feat I thought of some time ago. I think it would fit the game.

Overcharge (Guns ? / Electronics ?): Fire your energy weapon, consuming all its charge, and gaining X% bonus damage and Y% bonus critical hit chance per point of charge above the standard cost to fire the weapon.

Overcharge (Alternative): Fire your energy weapon, consuming all its charge, and dealing damage in a 3x3 AoE.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Feat Suggestion for Energy Weapons
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 07:48:40 am »
Not bad, but did you saw end-game damage from plasma with all proper feats?
Looks loke with your feat you can melt dreadnout in one hit. )

Blackmill138

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Feat Suggestion for Energy Weapons
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 08:03:13 pm »
Not bad, but did you saw end-game damage from plasma with all proper feats?
Looks loke with your feat you can melt dreadnout in one hit. )

No, I've only just returned the drill parts on my energy weapons character. So far burst SMGs and rapid fire Hammerer's have been the heavy-hitters. That said, I think this feat could be implemented fairly. Aimed Shot can easily quadruple the damage of a plasma pistol with no downside. The numbers could be adjusted so that this feat would function like a higher-risk, higher-reward aimed shot. It will do more damage if it critically hits but it will do less damage if it doesn't and you know have to recharge it next turn. It just needs to be made so that the chance to critically hit isn't too reliable.