Author Topic: [1.0.0.3 and before] Unreleased key press  (Read 1632 times)

Leosky

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
[1.0.0.3 and before] Unreleased key press
« on: December 25, 2015, 07:35:57 am »
I had this bug in 1.0.0.2 and i was trying to figure what was happening, but i find what when trying to make a custom save.

Some time, the game consid

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0.0.3 and before] Unreleased key press
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 10:39:34 am »
Are you using a wireless keyboard? When I used a wireless Microsoft keyboard, sometimes the keyUp event got lost in transit. Which was a real pain when it was the Backspace key that I'd tapped a moment before.

Don't use wireless keyboards. Apart from anything else, you're broadcasting your username and password through the walls to your next door neighbours / skript-kiddies whenever you log into a website, Windows, etc. etc. etc.

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0.0.3 and before] Unreleased key press
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:56:15 pm »
Actually this has just started happening with my wired keyboard. It's by Dell. I'm using Windows 7 and it seems part of the carrot-on-a-stick to move to Windows 10 with its insight into your private life is understandably decreasing testing efforts on Windows Updates for ""old"" versions such as Windows 7. Recent Windows Updates were causing a raft of Blue Screens on my machine so I uninstalled them all and the system is stable again (far preferable over ""upgrading"" to Windows 10). But I wonder if this unreleased key press problem isn't also caused by an aberrant Windows Update sabotaging the USB driver or something. Did you ever find a cure?