Author Topic: Quinton forgets the freebie Metathermics training, if not used first  (Read 2526 times)

ceics

• Noob
    • View Profile
So here it is. Before taking the rathound tissue quest I was offered as reward a free training on a Metathermics PSI ability. I was also given the option to ask for two (but failed the Mercantile check) which I found to be a rather nice touch.
Anyhow, I've completed the quest and wanted to take Cryokinesis first, which I did. I was offered the option to use the freebie, but did not use it as this PSI ability only costs 50 SGS Credits so I paid for that. I wanted to use the freebie when taking Pyrokinesis actually, since that costs 250 SGS Credits. I actually tried to do that right after taking Cryokinesis, but could not because I didn't yet have 25 points in the Metathermics skill. Therefore I went about my business, killed a few more rathounds, leveled up and returned to get the training. This time, there was no option to take it for free anymore (if Quinton actually forgot, it would have been nice to have the option to at least remind him - just like asking the first time :)

I've attached two print screens. Let me know if you need savegames and that. Version 1.0.0.5
What a jewel this game is. I hope you can get around to fix this quickly, if not, same thing for me. I enjoy it immensely.

[later edit: I've personally managed to get through with an older savegame, before the freebie option was forgotten. Whether this can be replicated further, I've no idea.]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 01:29:23 pm by ceics »

ShadowRun

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Quinton forgets the freebie Metathermics training, if not used first
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 07:56:58 am »
I'm playing on the GOG version 1.0.0.0 and was able to use my freebie on the last technique he would teach (the final one is not the most expensive, I know, but still) so if you devs need a savegame where the freebie is still available and the final technique is for sale, in order to make comparisons, let me know.

Alternatively if you can see it works as intended on my version 1.0.0.0 and apparently doesn't in the OP's version 1.0.0.5 that could be helpful to know.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 05:41:43 pm »
It's probably just a bug that occurs when you attempt to use a freebie but fail because of the requirements. We'll look into it.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 03:44:11 pm »
I've tried replicating this a few times now, but to no success. The dialogue seems okay, and I went through different combinations of options and did other things, and everything works fine. Just dropped by (quite a bit later, but still) just to let you guys know that we haven't forgotten about it. If anyone has experienced this issue since the original post, let us know.