Author Topic: possible bug at the institute  (Read 1972 times)

dirtman

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
possible bug at the institute
« on: February 23, 2016, 01:41:47 pm »
hey, at first i didn't give it much thought but the thing in the screenshot got me interested. eidein is not near the fountain and minister percival is not in his position either. i'm on 1.0.1.4.

edit: the only thing i remember that was different than my last playthrough is that i got the metal figurine before i received the quest to find it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 01:44:12 pm by dirtman »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: possible bug at the institute
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 02:26:34 pm »
*Spoilers*

Minister Percival should move to the Institute as soon as you see the Tchortists snatch the cube, but instead, as it's currently set, he moves only after you report the research facility quest to the oligarch you're working for; wrong variable used. So I presume you didn't report back to the oligarch in this playthrough, hence the odd behaviour. Fixed for the next update. :)

dirtman

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 12:27:55 pm »
i think i did, isn't that conversation the one that gives you the core city house? if it is, then i talked to the boss. i worked for the jkk, don't know if it makes any difference.

what about eidein? why is he missing then?

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 02:44:24 pm »
That is the conversation alright, and it shouldn't matter which oligarch you're working for. If you could upload your save and post it here, then I might take a look at what exactly is going on.

As for Eidein, he moves around the Institute, actually. Sometimes he's in the library, sometimes in one of the labs, and sometimes by the fountain. Until later on, when he permanently moves to his office. So nothing wrong there.

dirtman

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 05:17:53 pm »
i sent you a pm. :)

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 08:40:45 am »
By the way, this issue has been fixed for the next patch. Just like Six in this thread -> http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2111.0 , Percy will return to his position as soon as the patch is applied; no need for reloading.