Author Topic: Anyone know what triggers Dan's dialogue about Gorsky?  (Read 4968 times)

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Anyone know what triggers Dan's dialogue about Gorsky?
« on: April 22, 2016, 01:21:46 am »
Yeah. Just as it says on the title.

I did talk with Dan(Foundry guard. Wants to shoot something.) about it several patches ago. About 2 playthroughs ago...

Now I cannot trigger it. Or is it something that has to do with importing character?

Note that I am playing a same character for a 3rd time using import. I was able to trigger this dialogue the first time, now I cannot do that.(i couldn't trigger on 2nd, and 3rd playthrough)

My hypothesis is that this *flag* is carried through somehow when importing the character... But just to make sure: Does anyone know how to trigger this dialogue?
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

abscisin

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know what triggers Dan's dialogue about Gorsky?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 01:55:46 am »
Just tested with my character (also third import, because as utterly useless as it is, running around with both a medallion and a cube is the most amazing feeling ever) on the latest version, and it's definitely not a flag issue.

As far as I can tell the only thing needed to trigger it is knowing about the Beast crisis Foundry is having. Once he starts talking about the Beast he'll also bring up Gorsky. So talk with Leonie and try again.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 02:50:42 am »
Just tested with my character (also third import, because as utterly useless as it is, running around with both a medallion and a cube is the most amazing feeling ever) on the latest version, and it's definitely not a flag issue.

As far as I can tell the only thing needed to trigger it is knowing about the Beast crisis Foundry is having. Once he starts talking about the Beast he'll also bring up Gorsky. So talk with Leonie and try again.

I already tried that, no luck. He just says "there is a beast, can't fight it because mayor said so." or something along those lines and just... stops talking.

I also killed the beast a while ago, so I can't test it again...

Ninjaxenomorph

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 05:55:44 pm »
I'm having trouble with it as well. I think its because I never got Gorsky to tell me his story about Core City.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 06:38:40 pm »
I'm having trouble with it as well. I think its because I never got Gorsky to tell me his story about Core City.

Not really. Gorsky's dialogue can only be triggered via asking "I heard some stories from your friend in the foundry".

So source of the problem all comes down to this...

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 09:10:35 am »
I believe that you definitely have to talk to Dan first in foundry before anything else becomes possible.

First you have the 'introduction(s)' then you can talk to him right afterwards where he'll give you a 'tip' about some gun trading under the table, after that it seems you don't quite get to ask him about his 'boredom' specifically.
I suspect that there might be some kind of timer say 30 minutes an hour maybe after the initial 2 different 'dialogues' that you'll get to have with him prior being able to have the 3rd which has him mention Gorsky essentially.

But of course it could also have something to do with the progression of the 'go git' questline for "the beast" like the 3rd dialogue becomes available when you can ask Dan if he wants to come along and kill "the beast".
By the way I tried to see if you could have Dan help you out with "the beast" AND tell Dan afterwards that Gorsky is gonna waste the "black crawlers" and you actually CAN.
Actually perhaps it only becomes possible to have Dan talk about Gorsky when your character first hear about the black crawlers from Gorsky(?) in which you can then tell Dan (once Dan has mentioned the black crawlers) that Gorsky plans to waste the black crawlers for good.

I will have to 'test' for the specific 'chronology' behind all this in my next play-through, that is if I haven't gone barkin' mad after my planned 'attempts' at solving the mystery behind a certain "mark" and where the damn black arrow rifle is hidden.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:15:45 am by X41823T »
"We don't have to dream that we're important" ~ Robert House, CEO of RobCo.

Ninjaxenomorph

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 04:06:00 am »
I got him to help me with the Beast, but I can't ask him anything.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 06:23:03 am »
What I remember is that I was able to initiate this dialogue the first time I met Dan.

Hopefully this could be a hint...

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 07:56:19 am »
What I remember is that I was able to initiate this dialogue the first time I met Dan.

Hopefully this could be a hint...

Sounds like one has to reach a certain point with Gorsky's tasks in Core city then, that is if you can confirm that you did talk to Gorsky before ever talking to Dan.

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 10:45:15 pm »
So I've made it 'back' to that point in the game on my sledgehammer character and it would actually appear that when the 3rd 'unique' dialog becomes available when you get to ask him if he's been assign to deal with the bladelings/psimorphs.
From the looks of it you need to have completed both tasks Gorsky gives you in Core city BUT not have Gorsky go to the tunneler until you can have Gorsky tell the story about himself, Dan and the black crawlers back in the day.
Again in order for your character to 'recognize' that Dan is talking about the incident with the black crawlers in which Gorsky was involved, you need Gorsky to bring up the black crawlers which he will once you've done his two tasks and THEN go to Dan and 'trigger' that 3rd bit of unique dialog.
It's actually surprising how 'complicated' this is then again I don't know if there might be a bug or this is indeed intended for the hell of it.

Simply put:
Complete Gorsky's 2 tasks > Go to Dan and have him talk about his own past (safest thing is not to talk to him at all until you've done Gorsky's tasks and have him mention the black crawlers) > Dan will be happy as a clam to hear Gorsky is still kicking ass > Go back to Gorsky and have him tell his side of the story and THEN have him go to the tunneler > Go back to Dan have tell him about Gorsky's plan to wipe out the black crawlers > Initiate the assault and if it works as 'expected' here then Dan should come running! > Profit!

Now do correct me if I'm wrong but I am fairly certain that's how it works to get Dan join the assault on the black crawler's base.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 10:51:06 pm by X41823T »

Black Angel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 05:38:21 am »
Hello.

So, is there any confirmation on how to actually trigger Dan's dialogue? My very first playthrough (sometime in January-February), I managed to trigger Dan's dialogue, but that was AFTER I finished Foundry's questline AND Gorsky's Core City's questline. From the look of it, it seemed like we have to trigger Gorsky's dialogue about his past first, no matter when it is but I just can't...... I tried my best to follow X41823T's advice, but Gorsky won't talk about Black Crawlers UNTIL I trigger his dialogue to give me the shield and have him go to the tunneler. I'm really frustrated about this, because I've repeated Foundry's questline for, like, the 6th time now just to get Dan to help Gorsky....

Black Angel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 04:46:13 am »
Alright guys, found it. It seems you need to completely not know about the Beast *at all*, so you can ask Dan about it and, from there, get to ask Dan about 'this old pals' of his. Thanks to Insomnia Knights's Underrail LP episode 21. Not sure how it works from X41823T's side since, like I said, I personally redo Gorsky's Core City questline and the Foundry's Beast questline like 6-7 times, back to back between the two questline, in different sequences too, yet just can't get either Dan or Gorsky to talk about each other.