Author Topic: Exitus-2 (spoilers)  (Read 2622 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Exitus-2 (spoilers)
« on: May 03, 2016, 12:56:00 am »
So I'd prefer to avoid the wiki as pages there tend to have additional spoilers for things I wasn't looking for, hence I ask here first: I read Dr. David Gerhoff's notes on deadly mutagens. He says he stashed both Exitus-1 and Exitus-2 somewhere. Well, I have found Exitus-1, and every other reagent listed in the Combinator. So my assumption is that since I already have Exitus-1, I need to synthesize Exitus-2. However, I have no atomic map for it. I cannot find such a thing, or the reagent itself, anywhere. Can you guys help me out with a hint here?

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Exitus-2 (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 02:58:35 am »
Maybe you can't find Exitus-2.
Maybe you don't even have to synthesize Exitus-2.
Maybe you need to go beyond the big gate after you repair it, and see what happens if you try to use Exitus-1 there.

Just a though.  ;D

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 05:10:17 am »
I did try just using Exitus-1, the reagent. It said it injected it, but nothing else happened. I mean, if it was that easy why find 10 other reagents? I don't think I'm understanding you here.

Edit: I looked at the wiki and it said to do what I already tried: making a copy of Exitus-1 and injecting that. Again, no feedback from the combinator on if I did anything right. Do I need to put both the existing Exitus-1 AND my own Exitus-1? This is super confusing and non-intuitive. Is there any feedback if you get it right, or do you have to go confront the boss to see if it worked?

Edit edit: OK, so THIS time, when I put Exitus-1 in there, it said prohibited. The first time I tried it, it let me do it. I'm now thinking that was a bug. For some reason, now that I've fiddled with the combinator a bit, the glitch is fixed? Help me out here people.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:17:02 am by Hal900x »

Megaost

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:15:44 am »
I did try just using Exitus-1, the reagent. It said it injected it, but nothing else happened. I mean, if it was that easy why find 10 other reagents? I don't think I'm understanding you here.

Edit: I looked at the wiki and it said to do what I already tried: making a copy of Exitus-1 and injecting that. Again, no feedback from the combinator on if I did anything right. Do I need to put both the existing Exitus-1 AND my own Exitus-1? This is super confusing and non-intuitive. Is there any feedback if you get it right, or do you have to go confront the boss to see if it worked?

Alright, Imma assume you scanned Exitus-1, and could see what it was made of, is that correct?
Or are you past the gate? If so, try to create a compound from it, see what happens, work from there. I can give you more hints, but you gotta tell me where in the story you're at first, lest I spoil stuff.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 05:21:10 am »

Alright, Imma assume you scanned Exitus-1, and could see what it was made of, is that correct?
Or are you past the gate? If so, try to create a compound from it, see what happens, work from there. I can give you more hints, but you gotta tell me where in the story you're at first, lest I spoil stuff.

OK look: I'm at the end of DC. The gate is up, I'm at the combinator, I have every reagent in the game. I scanned everything for it's sequence earlier, did a bunch of math, and ended up with the correct reagents to duplicate Exitus-1. I put them in the combinator, added each reagent, and then confirmed that all parts of Exitus-1 are there. HOWEVER: they are not in the same order as Exitus-1 is, linearly speaking. But I have no improper atoms, and no proper atoms missing. I made compound from that, injected it, nothing happened. Just "system stable" message from the combinator, which is what it always says when you are done. If I need to match the order of Exitus-1 then I'm screwed. And hopefully there is no Exitus-2 so I can just forget about that.

Does it give you some kind of feedback to know if you did it right? Or do you have to go down the hatch to confront the final boss to find out?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:23:43 am by Hal900x »

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 06:05:28 am »
Nevermind. Thanks for the help though. I figured out that it does, indeed, need to be in perfect order. I managed to do it and got the "biomass unstable" message I was looking for. Now to confront....IT!