Author Topic: Let's say i wanted too do something crazy, upscale the games sprites.  (Read 2209 times)

nosaM

Like unpack all of the games sprites and upscale them then repack them. Would it be possible?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 07:41:25 pm by nosaM »

nosaM

Re: Let's say i wanted too do something crazy, upscale the games sprites.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 06:34:48 pm »
Good too know. also I did notice that when replacing creature sprites like pl_f & jkkv 'both have all the same animations' it would mess up with the sprite moving or being stuck in the ground. I'd like to know why? Oh and it's pretty easy to replace the main menu screen, might make a steam guide at some point.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/784127365625704398/A14551D738A1F98C015873D56FA315DEFC5422C3/

Vokial

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 06:18:24 am »
I think the most important thing to be revised visually is the game UI.
There are some screenshots over steam about some revised version that looks way better than what we curently have and also fits well into the whole aesthetic. Something like that would be awesome, since the current one (especially with those horrendous feat-icons) looks like it's made by an 8 year old in MsPaint. No exaggeration on humour here, simply that's how they look.
It would be nice to have a better UI and game menu.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:22:29 am by Vokial »

Vokial

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 04:49:59 am »
This guy already did the UI part (no feat-icons visible)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=182562041
Look at the top and the bottom of the screen, much better stuff that actually looks professional. He probably did it for lulz only, but he's good. The work he done is indeed worthy to be added to the game.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 08:40:12 pm »
If you're just looking to zoom the game in with simple upscale, you might just be wasting your time come next content update... ;)

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 04:02:23 am »
While we're on the topic of UI, do any of you know how to replicate the fullbright & fully-revealed maps as seen in the trailers? I'm aware of F2 hiding the overlay, but this is still a limited method when trying to record things without the player character being visible.

Exciting hint about the coming update there, Styg. Upscale like that would definitely come in handy!!