Author Topic: How to be accepted by Faceless in Deep Cavern?  (Read 5375 times)

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
How to be accepted by Faceless in Deep Cavern?
« on: November 03, 2016, 01:18:00 pm »
Hi,

I have walking for some time now on the Deep Cavern. I killed the Pulsating roots, saw some ghosts and checked some areas.

The problem is that whenver I want to go East, Faceless don't want to let me pass. After some time (and without any idea), I killed them but it cost me a lot of ammo (I only use a crossbow). I arrived at the Ark Station and over there, I am litterally blocked agains Industrial Bot (they are too much solid for my crossbow ammo).

1) Is there a way to be friendly with the faceless? On the past, I saved the injured Faceless on Core City but I have to kill some when I saved Buzzer and when I tried to escape with the elevator.
2) After beating a lot of coil spiders on the Utility station, I arrive on the "main hall" I think and I am litterally blocked by Industrial robot: stealth does not work.

I don't know what to do... Again, would you please help me to take the right decision?

Thanks a lot in advance for your time

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: How to be accepted by Faceless in Deep Cavern?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 11:22:17 pm »
You chose to fight the mindreader at buzzer shop? If that the case then unfortunately you are hostile to them for that save, if you want to be friends with the faceless for the next playthrought you must:

- "Let the Mindreader kill Buzzer (If you pass the Persuasion check there are no repercussions)
- "Save the injured Faceless in Core City
- "Tell the Faceless near Foundry about the cube location."

I don't know what to tell you about how to proceed at Arke Station as crossbow user, I dropped a xbower character at Deep Caverns due the Industrial Robots insane mechanical resistance which made impossible continue at that point.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 12:32:07 am »
1) You only need to do two friendly acts toward the faceless for them to be neutral. They are friendly if you do all three.
2) EMP grenade MKIII and EMP mine MKIII are your friend. The other way would be kite them with corrosive acid bolts. It can stack up to 10 times, thus reducing resistances and tresholds by 70%. Finish the bot w/ aimed shot.

If you are having trouble w/ the Arke boss fight you should:
- stock up on EMP grenades, preferably MKIII
- stock up on bear traps + EMP mines
- make sure to clear the area before talking to the boss
- make your way toward one of the room and abuse line of sight. Make sure to block the door w/ bear traps and EMP - when a robot is trapped make sure to trap it for the full two turns in order to refresh cooldown for your grenade.

Edit: of course shock bolt (preferably MKIII) is a given.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:38:43 am by destroyor »

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 01:27:48 am »
I don't know what to tell you about how to proceed at Arke Station as crossbow user, I dropped a xbower character at Deep Caverns due the Industrial Robots insane mechanical resistance which made impossible continue at that point.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I have exactly the same issue... So I might abandon my game... After more than 70 hours... Rhaaa.

I did not do what you did for Buzzer so that explains everything.

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 01:29:52 am »

Thanks a lot for your answer. I have exactly the same issue... So I might abandon my game... After more than 70 hours... Rhaaa.

I did not do what you did for Buzzer so that explains everything.

The issus is that I don't have any shockbolt and I have only 5 acid bolts. I used a lot of bolts on the mushroom foret and on the Ark Station. I am now completely blocked on the main hall because there is an Industrial Robot you cannot avoid.

@thedevteam: is there any way to use cheat code? I would like at least to finish the game and know the end of the story... It's frustrating to be blocked at this point. :'( :'( :'(

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 01:45:53 am »
What's your electronic and chemistry skill? Are you friendly with the tchortists? Tchortists + Leo sell components for EMP grenades + mine + corrosive acid bolt.

You have quick tinkering right? Another tedious way to kill the bot would be bear traps + HE grenades.

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 04:13:51 am »
What's your electronic and chemistry skill? Are you friendly with the tchortists? Tchortists + Leo sell components for EMP grenades + mine + corrosive acid bolt.

You have quick tinkering right? Another tedious way to kill the bot would be bear traps + HE grenades.

Electronics: 45
Chemistry: 102

Yes, I am friend with Tchortists.

Corrosive acid bolt? Is that great? Because I use regular Acid Bolt and it does between 15 et 30 dps...

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 05:33:20 am »
Corrosive Acid Bolt
Use: Shoots this bolt from a crossbow striking the target for normal bolt damage plus 20-50 acid damage and applies Corroded debuff which reduces all damage resistances and thresholds by 7% for 5 turns. Stacks 10 times.
(AP: 9)

You should be able to buy EMP and HE grenades from Tchortist. Farm deep worms for Corrosive Acid Glands; buy syringe from Leo and craft corrosive acid bolts. You should be able to take out Industrial Bot by using a combination of bear traps + EMP + HE grenade + corrosive bolts.

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 12:43:56 pm »
Corrosive Acid Bolt
Use: Shoots this bolt from a crossbow striking the target for normal bolt damage plus 20-50 acid damage and applies Corroded debuff which reduces all damage resistances and thresholds by 7% for 5 turns. Stacks 10 times.
(AP: 9)

You should be able to buy EMP and HE grenades from Tchortist. Farm deep worms for Corrosive Acid Glands; buy syringe from Leo and craft corrosive acid bolts. You should be able to take out Industrial Bot by using a combination of bear traps + EMP + HE grenade + corrosive bolts.

Thanks for the advice. I will try it. Going back to Tchortist won't be easy because I tried to dodge Faceless doctors many times... But I will try ! :)

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 06:37:47 pm »
1) You only need to do two friendly acts toward the faceless for them to be neutral. They are friendly if you do all three.

I saved the injured Faceless + I told the other Faceless on West Wings about the cube.

I only killed the Faceless for the quest concerning buzzer.  >:(

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 01:19:15 am »
You only did one friendly act toward the faceless as the encounter in West Wing doesn't count, see below:

You chose to fight the mindreader at buzzer shop? If that the case then unfortunately you are hostile to them for that save, if you want to be friends with the faceless for the next playthrought you must:

- "Let the Mindreader kill Buzzer (If you pass the Persuasion check there are no repercussions)

Ramen_os

• Zoner
    • View Profile
    • Ramenos
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 04:49:33 am »
You only did one friendly act toward the faceless as the encounter in West Wing doesn't count, see below:

Apparently... Anyway, next time, I will remember it for Buzzer.