Author Topic: Merchants are trolling me!  (Read 914 times)

fr00d

• Noob
    • View Profile
Merchants are trolling me!
« on: June 01, 2019, 02:35:06 pm »
So I'm in Rail Crossing, and notice that Deacon wants 10 firearms. So I spend the charons for a round-trip back to SGS and grab some. When I return, he's no longer buying firearms, now he wants melee weapons. So I reload a save and grab melee weapons instead. Only now he and Myles will not buy melee weapons, only firearms again!

This merchant system is the worst part of the game. I have so much stuff I need to sell and no one ever willing to buy it. I think there should be some options for how the merchants work, from easiest to hardest:
  • Any merchant will buy anything
  • Merchants have some items they will always buy & sell
  • Merchants will adjust the price, but will still always buy certain items.
  • (Current system) They will only buy things YOU DON'T HAVE

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants are trolling me!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 06:50:41 pm »
It's fine.  You end up with more money than you can spend, and you'll be leaving loot behind by mid-game. 

Here's some tips:
-aim for low-weight, high-value stuff (no crowbars, no rathound leather, no sledges, etc)
-leave cheap poor-condition (as in needs repaired) guns behind
-if what you're selling is worth more than what a merchant has, buy their bullets and/or batteries which you can always resell later
-use repair kits on expensive items that need it, then sell them
-if you can make repair kits, recycle bad items to repair good ones
-always pick up bullets; they are the best loot, medicine and electronics are great as well

All merchants restock every 90 minutes in real time.  If they restock and you enter their map, their inventory is set.  If you reload from earlier and do it again, it'll be something different; it's randomized.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 08:19:02 pm by harperfan7 »
*eurobeat intensifies*