Author Topic: Help with my machete build?  (Read 2575 times)

taviow

• Noob
    • View Profile
Help with my machete build?
« on: July 24, 2019, 08:14:18 pm »
Here's what I took at level 1: http://underrail.info.tm/build/?AQcKBwMDBAYADwAPAA8PDw8ADwAAAAAAAAAADwAAGTk

I'm gonna get most of my melee damage from DEX. I put in just enough STR to use whatever machetes are in the game. I debated going for 8 STR so I can use sledgehammers too, but it seemed pointless since I'm gonna otherwise neglect sledgehammers in my feat selection.

My current plan for the future is, in addition to Sprint and Hit and Run, taking feats such as Opportunist, Flurry, Cheap Shots, Parry, Riposte, Ripper, Decapitate, Expose Weakness, along with others that I haven't yet figured out (this list is not in order, I'll figure out the order as I go).

I intend to level up Melee as high as I can go, Throwing up to 60ish effective, Stealth up to 60ish effective, Lockpicking and Hacking both up to 120ish effective, Traps up to 100ish effective (I think?), Persuasion maybe up to 75ish effective.

I have some questions:

1) So, I intend to have 5 WIL, because Ripper forces me to have it. That said, I'm thinking of going for one of the Psi schools. Which one can best support my build? I've been thinking Psychokinesis (which obviously synergizes well with Opportunist, because of the stuns) or Temporal Manipulation (Give myself action points? Take them away from enemies? Put stuff in stasis? I don't know). Additionally, how many points do I put into the chosen psi school(s) and what powers am I most interested in? Should I pick any related feats? I have never really explored Psi in this game before, so please help me figure this one out.

2) I could use some help with crafting. I want to craft weapons and armor, but what crafting skills do I level up so I'm not gonna be wasting points on crafting skills that I can put elsewhere?

3) How much should I level up traps? Not only do I want to lay them and attract enemies to them (so that they're not only close to me but also stuck on bear traps!) but also I want to detect the traps the game throws at me, since I have low PER.

4) Is 7 STR too much? Should I remove one point of STR and give myself 5 WIL right at the start of the game, or 1 more point of AGI? Thoughts?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 08:33:40 pm by taviow »