Author Topic: Diversify Iron Grip  (Read 1346 times)

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Diversify Iron Grip
« on: July 26, 2019, 07:45:33 pm »
Enable Iron Grip to hold SMGs and Short Barreled Shotguns with 1H. Accuracy decreased by 20% and Action Point cost increased by 20%; penalties can be halved via specialization points.

Yes, I'm aware new animations may be needed...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 03:34:44 am by newageofpower »

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Diversify Iron Grip
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 10:00:36 am »
Nice idea, I support it.

Though I'd argue that even the existing penalty on Iron Grip is too harsh, given you need 11 strength and a feat slot for it.
I'd make the penalty for holding firearms at most mirror the penalty for holding spears, so a 15% accuracy loss or so.

The other idea was to have a special component for shotguns that enables them to be used as one-handed, even without feats, that would have been nice especially since shotguns are so low on enhancements compared to other firearms.

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Diversify Iron Grip
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 01:21:06 am »
Though I'd argue that even the existing penalty on Iron Grip is too harsh, given you need 11 strength and a feat slot for it.
I'd make the penalty for holding firearms at most mirror the penalty for holding spears, so a 15% accuracy loss or so.
Perhaps make Iron Grip STR 8 or 7? You honestly don't have to be that strong to use a 6-7ft spear with a shield, I know (IRL equivalent) STR3 and STR4 people that could do it.