Author Topic: [Spoiler] Expedition - How does it track time?  (Read 4639 times)

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
[Spoiler] Expedition - How does it track time?
« on: July 30, 2019, 12:15:25 am »
Wondering if I can go and do some main map stuff and grind for top end components; I already have all the BPs I need and some Hypercerebrix to push my crafting stats over the edge; I'm the part where the Professor gets kidnapped, not sure if I want to negotiate, infiltrate, or exterminate.

So, how does Expedition track time? Will there be consequences if I go off and do other quests?

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
    • My primary forum account. (German, no advertising.)
Re: [Spoiler] Expedition - How does it track time?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 04:27:35 am »
Hey,

Well i've explored a lot, while doc was kidnapped. (So i didn't even begin with the quest for like 4 hours.) So i don't think you have to worry about doc. Just take your time. :)

-Azura
You can contact me on Discord if you want.
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 06:58:14 am »
Thanks for the answers.

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 04:24:05 am »
Then why does the expedition slowly run out of supplies?

It's almost out, and I only recently cleared out the Security Centre / Health Centre for the Professor.

I've responded to every invasion of the island, so I haven't been neglecting them.

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 11:32:34 pm »
Okay, so it's almost like the "running out of supplies" bit is just an in-game way of tracking your progress in the Expedition questline.

As long as you are not abusing supplies (like giving them all away to the pirates), the amount just slowly trickles down, until they are critically-low by the time of the last quest.

I responded to every invasion mission (there were like 8 of them) and only 2 people died on my watch. By the end, there were 25 people, almost no supplies, and almost full jetski complement. [I guess jetskis don't deplete as quickly as other supplies, if you don't give them to the pirates.]

There really should be a quest to get more supplies for the Expedition, though, if you are willing to. In Fallout, you could buy water from merchants to extend the water chip quest timeline. (It even had the consequence of speeding up the mutant invasion of the vault, because they would learn your location more quickly).

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 11:35:26 pm »
I should mention that I heavily dawdled in completing the Expedition questline.

I went and did Dude's whole new questline some time after rescuing the Professor. And I grinded shops for more stuff, A LOT. Like, I made about 4 rows of grenades in my inventory, for example. And made multiple unnecessary trips to the fetid swamps because I was looking for routes into the technology centre and other stuff.

So if I had just beelined the Expedition quest, I may not have run supplies down so much in the first place. I didn't run out by the end of the campaign, since the Professor was there to greet me.