Author Topic: Free passage deal with pirates dont work?(spoilers)  (Read 5597 times)

Firesv

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Free passage deal with pirates dont work?(spoilers)
« on: July 24, 2019, 10:20:38 pm »
During the Proffesor kidnapping quest, when i negotiated with Pirate leader, i persuaded him a free passage thought pirate controled territory(i even could bring some not armed labors with,for a fee).But Pirates are still attack me,when i try to get into they controled territory.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:55:47 pm by Firesv »

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Free passage deal with pirates dont work?(spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 10:51:51 pm »
Don't have the answer but i was also disappointed to see that despite being able to rescue the doc in a stealthy and non violent way, all of them are now hostile to me :(
I'm Potoldski on discord

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 11:39:07 am »
During the Proffesor kidnapping quest, when i negotiated with Pirate leader, i persuaded him a free passage thought pirate controled territory(i even could bring some not armed labors with,for a fee).But Pirates are still attack me,when i try to get into they controled territory.

Can you upload your save for me to take a look at? They should let you sail through their waters if you persuaded them to.

Hawk

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 04:14:34 pm »
I have exactly same issue! I negotiated with Cap to free professor, peaceful way, in order to pass through their territory for a toll. And even that I could bring few not armed labors with me. But when I navigate to their port, where Ferryman usually stays, they attacking me...

I can send my savegame to someone who is able to solve it! It's 52 mb, so I need the eMail address of the person...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 04:23:08 pm by Hawk »

Firesv

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 10:25:30 am »
Well after some testing and looking thought the forums i understood how it work.The free passage deal work fine, until you go any sector of Port Ceto.If you seen in any, the deal is broken ,and all Pirates a red now.Well didnt you think that a deal with a Pirate would be fair dont you?Unluckly the original Underrail,  factions quests system is different in DLC.You just cant work on 2 or more faction in DLC,and wont gain acces to the Pirate shops and quests working with Aegis corp.And the decision moment is Proffesor kidnapping quest.This is last point to decide which faction you with(not sure about could you work with native).So i advise you just kill them all.Yes i know with every named character death your soul will scream in horror, you will loose a part a story,and maybe some (NO NO no0oooo0)  unique items and feats.But you can handle it.

PS Ferryman always mooving from location to another location in black sea,so you need just wait and seek him other place.
PSS sorry for my bad english.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 10:27:33 am by Firesv »

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 04:26:12 pm »
Will the pirates be hostile after you complete the infiltration mission and free Professor Oldfield?

Because I am thinking of doing some damage / stealing while I am there, in that case, if there won't be any more relations or quests with them.

kithkatul

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 04:05:38 am »
Just want to get some clarification...

I used persuasion to get the pirates to release the Professor, all seemed well. Now there's no way to interact with them at all, except getting them hostile and going to slaughtertown.

Is this the only option if you choose to keep siding with Aegis after the kidnapping? I was hoping to maybe do some work for them, trade a little, visit their ports, while still mostly working for Aegis.