Author Topic: Can I make a viable build with all this?  (Read 1817 times)

streetjimmy

• Noob
    • View Profile
Can I make a viable build with all this?
« on: September 15, 2019, 02:31:38 am »
I've been looking up builds for 2 hours, I just can't find one that has everything I'm looking for.

I like the look of SMG Spec Ops builds, but the 3 in STR turns me off. I need my carry weight so I can haul items and make money. I like the Juggernaut AR build but low AP and slow speed also turns me off. I want to be able to pick almost 100% of locks. I want to focus on AR's or SMG's with throwing so I can effectively use grenades. I want the 50 effective pickpocketing. I want to be able to craft my high end gear, but have no idea where to put my points in thee technology skills. The social skills are also looking pretty nice, but I don't know how useful they will end up being. I assume with persuasion I can possibly get more quest rewards in certain circumstances?

What is the carry weight difference in a 3 STR build and let's say an 8 STR build? In addition to hauling items to sell, I need to be able to carry plenty ammo, grenades, and any other combat tools I may need.

I guess if I could summarize, what is most important is Guns, lockpicking, throwing, crafting, AP, and carry weight. I feel like with my high STR, AGI, DEX, and possibly INT requirements, that my stats will be too generalized, and not specialized. Same with my skills.

Am I asking for too much out of a single build?

Kiruha

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Can I make a viable build with all this?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 05:34:28 am »
Carry weight is not a problem, it's all about inventory managment. If you bad with it, even 18 str will not solve this. You can take pack rathound to get extra 50 carry weight, this is the difference between 3 str and 8 str. You can drop pickpocket skill completely. Persuasion is not for rewards - it's for opening alternative solutions, but unfortunately final boss can't be persuaded anyway. About money - you will have enought later, you don't need to pickup every item and sell it. If you see crappy armor or a weapon, it's better to recycle it and make repair kits from scraps. Sell only the most expensive items, repair them before sale to get more money.

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Can I make a viable build with all this?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 06:53:15 pm »
Why don't you try something like this
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?AQcGBgcIAwMPDwAAAAAPDw8AAA8PAAAPAAAAAAAA

STR 7 - access to full auto, juggernaut, metal armor, carry weight
DEX 6 - knocks 1 point off smgs, opens grenadier
AGI 6 - Opens spec ops, sprint
CON 7 - Juggernaut, more hps
PER 8 - Concentrated fire for ARS, guns skill
WILL 3 - nada
INT 3 - nada but you can raise this. This build is not exactly starved for stat points -  8 per is usually enough for burst guns builds up to hard. I would still be putting points in per though as I leveled.

Just craft a 50% armor penalty vest or something, use juggernaut, now you're tanky. Take nimble to drop it to only 35% armor penalty now you can be tanky and stealthy. You can use every type of gun. You can use a low caliber smg for a bullet storm, and you can use a high caliber AR with commando for free bursts/ taking out tanky enemies. You could take aimed shot and use a sniper rifle - even the snipe feat at level 8 if you want to use snipers (won't be as effective if you're using heavier armor but will still get the job done). You don't always have to min max as much as people on the forum say, but you should still spend the time to find a build that has synergies between its feats, equipment, etc.

Put the skills to your content, I just favor crafting over most other skills - you're never gonna pickpocket a regenerative super steel burrower plated kevlar vest......