Author Topic: Total noob wanting a Shotgun with Psy build  (Read 3322 times)

Paledrich

• Noob
    • View Profile
Total noob wanting a Shotgun with Psy build
« on: September 18, 2019, 01:47:08 am »
As the title say I'm new to this game and I'm very excited to play it but the amount of builds and stuff overwhelms me, I've decided to play a mix of shotgun and Psy build, I would also like to sneak and be very mobile (I've read that it's really helpful), I would also like to lockpick, hack and persuade as much as I can.
Is this possible or I'm biting more than what I can chew?
Should I focus on other things too? I've heard that crafting is important too but I don't know how much is necessary
Any other recommendations or suggestions for someone new is welcome, Thanks.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Total noob wanting a Shotgun with Psy build
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 09:32:50 am »
If you ask me, between persuation/hacking/lockpicking and crafting, you will get the most benefit out of crafting.

I'd drop the first category and focus on the second one. If it's shotguns only, you won't need 10 Per for your character - 8 will do. But seeing as you will be so close to having the opportunity to use assault rifles, you might want to have one of those for the real tough enemies. In which case I think 10 Per would be better. 

You can make a Psi build work with just 10 Will, which is nice, because now you can put the points elsewhere.

Take 6 Int for the crafting; it will open the Premediation skill which is quite fundamental for Psi characters.

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Total noob wanting a Shotgun with Psy build
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 11:04:27 am »
As the title say I'm new to this game and I'm very excited to play it but the amount of builds and stuff overwhelms me, I've decided to play a mix of shotgun and Psy build, I would also like to sneak and be very mobile (I've read that it's really helpful), I would also like to lockpick, hack and persuade as much as I can.
You can find a thread on shotguns with psi here: https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4706.0
If you want most mobility, take the build Fenix recommended (fair warning, 3 con with psi is very squishy).