Author Topic: Computer Stops Responding on Startup  (Read 2075 times)

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Computer Stops Responding on Startup
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:10:39 am »
I enjoyed the demo a lot so I went ahead and bought it on Desura, but when I try to play it it opens a window with nothing in it and EVERYTHING on my entire computer stops responding. I can't open anything and ctrl+alt+del does nothing. I can mouse my mouse but clicking things doesn't elicit a response.

I tried opening in administrator mode to no avail, I'm a little hesitant about trying again...

What is going on?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:24:07 am by bushwhacker2k »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Stops Responding on Startup
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:23:40 pm »
That's weird, don't recall that happening to anyone yet.

One thing you can do is make sure you have Media Player installed as windows feature. Also you might want to reinstall the game?

Did you use Desura client or stand-alone installer? If it's the latter make sure you use setup.exe to install it (not .msi).

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 10:29:16 pm »
I wasn't able to uninstall it in the normal fashion, so I restarted my computer and deleted the files from the Desura folder then installed from scratch. It seems to have worked! So it seems like something went wrong during the installation process which made it do really weird things the first time around.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 10:58:49 pm »
Good to hear you got it running.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 05:08:07 am »
Okay, it was going well for a while there (albeit the loads/transitions/saves got weirdly longer compared to the demo) but then when I was taking the elevator somewhere it did it again. It stopped responding to the point that I wasn't allowed to do anything else on my computer.

It's seriously annoying when not only the game stops responding but for some reason my computer does too : / ...