Author Topic: Can't get to meet Azif no matter how hard i try  (Read 1687 times)

wrathchild721

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Can't get to meet Azif no matter how hard i try
« on: November 06, 2019, 03:55:59 am »
I wasted 4 hours on this. I tried every possible solution deemed as optimal for Jack, and i still get the "I'll contact you later" response.

-Told everything right to Abram about the embassy
-Busted out the woman silently in the second Abram quest, no encounters

-Did the Hercules quest without confronting the guy
-Did the foundry quest by persuading the warden to talk to Todor and convincing the sheriff to let him go and not telling he could be a snitch
-Did the Lenox quest with asking everyone possible in SGS and Core City, collecting all the evidence and stuff explained in the wiki and NOT telling the "he had problems at SGS" and NOT confronting Mordre

Still not good enough, and basically, one of the reasons I replayed the game was because of the Oculus story arc and now I'm fuming with frustration. This is just nitpicking to the maximum, how the hell would anyone complete this without spoliers? I can't complete it with spoilers either, so I might as well consider it bugged.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:42:05 am by wrathchild721 »

wrathchild721

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get to meet Azif no matter how hard i try
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 04:45:27 pm »
do you have to know about cornell and the cube before doing ANYTHING on these quests? because I first did ohad zander's quest, reported on cornell to tanner and then completed the other two and still jack doesn't give me the quest to meet azif...

Carlitosh636

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 08:49:59 pm »
In the Foundry quest, did you checked the security tapes? IIRC, there is a sec cam in the visits room. Your conversation with the agent could have been recorded, and that's why it counts as a "moderate success".

With the Lenox quest (which is the trickiest one IMO), I was able to recognize the cause of death because I passed the Biology check for the corpse. If not, you can ask Pasquale about checking the corpse and he'll notice the strange wound, which is one of the proofs, but to convince him to check it you need more evidence. Got the info from the ex-praetorian, I knew the name of Mordre so I had proof, and that was enough for me. I said it was Mordre because revenge motives, and gave him all the proof (his real name, the Spectre's methods, the info in the praetorian hard drive and the wound).

In the Hercules quest you can expose the guy by giving the info to the bartender or hijacking the JKK's streaming net (you need Hacking but I'll suppose you have it because basically Hacking/Lockpicking are mandatory in the game, regardless of build). Obviously the good way is with the JKK hack because that way more people see it. The terminal is in the Docks, I think that you have to go to the west and inside a building with hobos watching the terminals. There should be a ladder leading to the terminal's room.

I don't think they are bugged tho. There is just so many little details. The organization is very nitpicky for good reasons. They are extremely difficult, yes, but I like the quests precisely because secret factions should act like that.

wrathchild721

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 11:02:59 am »
yes, i hacked the camera and checked afterwards and said no illegal activity.

for lenox, i asked around, asked him core city, asked pasquale, went to core city, got the info on the spectres, went back to sgs, checked the medical records and the proof of the missing needle, had pasquale do the autopsy, reported all to lenox: the spectres, morde's identity and history in the spectres, cause of death and the needle as the weapon

for hercules, i gave the proof to gene but everyone said it's a completely viable option

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 01:10:25 pm »
wrathchild721, seems like you did everything as you should. If you have a save before you talk to abram in CC, I am willing to test if I will be able to meet azif. I have done the trio quest so many times now I just autopilot it.. Might help us to deduce where you are making a mistake.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 05:30:42 pm »
I think hacking camera is the reason. I didn't do anything fancy on the base and I'm able to meet Azif. There's other guy in forum who can't meet with him, doing exactly the same as wiki, but he hacked the camera