Author Topic: Coretech suit visual bug  (Read 1788 times)

Literally Who

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Coretech suit visual bug
« on: December 28, 2019, 01:33:39 am »
1.1.1.5 GoG version
Loaded up my old character that cleared the game to check the suit out. The character is female, but I'm pretty sure I got a male model when wearing the suit, seeing how it was bulkier and had a different pattern on the legs when compared to the suits the female employees wear.

I want to use this opportunity to say hello to my mom and to tell Styg to take another look at shotguns, because they seem to deal less damage per AP than an assault rifle (burst) of similar quality at any range on a target dummy in SGS. I had most of the burst shotgun feats and only some of the assault rifle feats, the ones that overlapped with burst shotguns. So, I took a bunch of shotgun feats and I could just switch to an assault rifle for a direct upgrade anyway, that doesn't look right to me. Shotguns have a completely unrealistic spread, reducing it might be a good solution, if I may be so bold as to propose one. Even if target dummy is not a good representation of real performance, the long barrel seems to perform worse than the short one at any range too, take a good look at it, please.

Here are three saves, one made on an older patch, two on the new patch, one of which is in front of Harlan before asking for a suit, another is wearing the suit between two employees of opposite sexes (you can also just see the save screenshot there):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FF9lYgRuc5M5iO75jI1uK6f7Itk4qGDV/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 11:13:31 pm by Literally Who »

mephisto

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Coretech suit (+Dirty kick?) bug
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 11:23:55 am »
IIRC, the dirty kick will stun all organic/living beings, including female humans.
the difference is that it will only stun females for 1 turn while it's 2 turns for males.

Literally Who

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Coretech suit (+Dirty kick?) bug
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 11:08:06 pm »
IIRC, the dirty kick will stun all organic/living beings, including female humans.
the difference is that it will only stun females for 1 turn while it's 2 turns for males.
Oh, you're right. I should've looked it up first, my memory failed me. I'll go ahead and remove the dirty kick part.

mephisto

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Coretech suit visual bug
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 10:25:25 am »
no prob. talking about armors, i don't like Tesla Armor, it makes me look like a walking christmas tree.
i think lines of lights (like in Tron movie) would be better instead of bulbs here and there.
i hope Styg would change it, lol xD

Stahli

• Developer
  • Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Coretech suit visual bug
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 12:28:38 pm »
The character is female, but I'm pretty sure I got a male model when wearing the suit, seeing how it was bulkier and had a different pattern on the legs when compared to the suits the female employees wear.

There are also male NPC models that are using the same pattern as the female guard, as you can see around the base. Also, you can differentiate male and female visually by hips, chest, size etc. In this case, Coretech both male and female sprites for the player is using the same 3 lined pattern on pants.
One button to render them all