Author Topic: Loading takes forever  (Read 6897 times)

The Saint

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Loading takes forever
« on: July 28, 2019, 07:16:05 pm »
New version with Expedition loads like a few minutes. I already had problem with preovious version without DLC, but now it's just too looong. What is the reason?

The Saint

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Loading takes forever
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 09:37:49 pm »
Bump. Seriously, this thing is annoying af

Acrux

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 06:53:05 pm »
I download the DLC yesterday, and I'm now having the same issue with initializing the game - it takes between 5-9 minutes, whereas before it was very fast.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 07:30:49 pm »
It is pretty annoying, I don't think it's an easy fix either.

Riggs

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 12:14:57 am »
I suspect that the engine pre-loads a whole bunch of assets on initial startup in order to make loading/reloading saves and area transitions much quicker than if they had to do so on the fly. Personally I think one longer load on launch is far better than the alternative. It would suck a lot more if each load in-game was much longer than they are currently which would be the trade for a faster startup.

The Saint

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 10:42:44 am »
I suspect that the engine pre-loads a whole bunch of assets on initial startup in order to make loading/reloading saves and area transitions much quicker than if they had to do so on the fly. Personally I think one longer load on launch is far better than the alternative. It would suck a lot more if each load in-game was much longer than they are currently which would be the trade for a faster startup.

Maybe, but would be nice if devs say it out straight.

ghostshadow

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 05:44:03 am »
SOLVED!!! Well kinda.

I reduced it down to 60-90 seconds by adding the underrail folder to the windows defender exclusion list.

mephisto

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 09:02:30 pm »
is this true? i never get long loading, not even once. initial start only takes about 20-25 seconds.
load between map transition takes 3 seconds with autosave, and 1 second without autosave. saving manually takes 3 seconds.
and my CPU is probably among the potato PCs these days with only 4GB of RAM while gaming PCs often have 8GB - 16GB.
are you sure your system wasn't running anything in the background when you start the game?

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
    • My primary forum account. (German, no advertising.)
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 10:37:32 am »
It's mostly dependent on your PC.

But the game, when it starts up, loads most items etc. like S.P.A.Z. (Game)
so your transitions take way less time to load.

I'd be happy with that. Cuz it's much more annoying when the game starts quickly, but every zonetransition takes forever.
You can contact me on Discord if you want.
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 08:45:48 am »
I made a few changes to how some of the games metadata is stored so in the next content update (1.1.2.0) you should see some improvements to start-up times. I'm talking about those who have up to ~30 seconds loading times. For those who go into multiple minutes, I'm not sure what could be happening, but I suspect there's something external that's slowing down the process - such as an anti-virus. For some reason, our game has always looked suspicious to AVs.