Author Topic: Locked out of tchort institute 2020  (Read 1605 times)

CH3CH2OHtn

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Locked out of tchort institute 2020
« on: January 12, 2020, 12:19:26 pm »
Hello i have been enjoying the game so far ect .
I have reached the institute of Tchort infiltration quest , and initially i didn't like a bunch of weird cultist so decided to go gun blazing .
well now i got the gate closed and no way of entry , i checked the wiki , not other entry is possible , and i searched through the forum , and the last topics about this seems to be from 2017

So , is there another way of accessing the institute , or my save file of at least 60 hours is doomed ?

Arclight

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Locked out of tchort institute 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 12:37:19 pm »
Are there Institute guards out front? Are you allowed to speak to one of the guards?

If so, did you preform a quest, looking for a specific item, or have done the quest?

I'm on my 5+ playthru, have found two exits (one to DC and to South Underrail), plus the main one.

I know of no other way in beyond the front door.

CH3CH2OHtn

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 12:45:28 pm »
yes , i did took the quest then liked the guards gear so dumped the figurine in a barrel near the station and murdered the guards . i have been going around upperrail searching if there is another way in , apparently nothing other than the front gate , and it's an old issue it seems , as they are posts from 2017 about it and it's basically you killed the guards and Denzel main quest is broken and you're stuck .

I am looking if this has been updated in the 2020 or it's still the same problem 

Arclight

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 01:02:16 pm »
yes , i did took the quest then liked the guards gear so dumped the figurine in a barrel near the station and murdered the guards . i have been going around upperrail searching if there is another way in , apparently nothing other than the front gate , and it's an old issue it seems , as they are posts from 2017 about it and it's basically you killed the guards and Denzel main quest is broken and you're stuck .

I am looking if this has been updated in the 2020 or it's still the same problem

Sadly, you're stuck. You have to trade the figurine for entrance.

I hope you have a save prior to killing all the guards, since you have to give it to get a meeting to enter the Institute.

CH3CH2OHtn

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 01:13:57 pm »
unfortunate i am reading in the wiki they institute has some large utility basement , all it needed is like a hole in it that is linked to any of the many map parts to have a back up route if you fail

yeah i overrided my main save after killling the guards , meaning i have to start again .

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 04:56:31 pm »
I did this too a few years ago and it definitely locks you out of the main quest. I think it should be fixed in some way.

The easiest way is for there to be a message that you have broken the main quest, when you kill those guys.