Author Topic: SGS Introduction quest  (Read 1197 times)

Vokial

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
SGS Introduction quest
« on: June 01, 2020, 06:22:32 pm »
I just realized after all this time, that according to the wiki, I should receive XP from even speaking to Tanner for the first time, also for seeing Pasquale and do some shooting practice (10 hits) and return back to him. He doesn't have the dialogue that acknowledges my visit to the shooting range.
I tried this on Oddity and didn't get anything from either of those things. Is this okay and I'm not supposed to have any XP on Oddity, or there's something wrong here?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 03:59:16 pm by Vokial »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: SGS Introduction quest
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 08:19:09 am »
Speaking to Tanner gives you 100XP on Classic but nothing on Oddity. There are plenty of journal entries in the game that give such small amounts of XP on Classic and nothing on Oddity, as the balancing is different between these two systems. Don't worry about it. ;)

As for the shooting range, the wiki is (a bit) outdated. That quest existed back in the alpha but was cut before the game's release.

Vokial

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 08:27:58 am »
That's a relief. I hoped this was the case - I mean, I continued playing anyway, but I knowing this feels better:)

Vokial

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 06:28:18 am »
Geez.... no XP from returning the digital watch to Jonas either. It's in the quest log, there's a decent amount of activity involved, he acknowledges it  zero XP. Oddity is not supposed to reward experience for killing, but it never said that you don't get anything for solving quests either. Actually it states the opposite, according to the in-game description, quests being the main source of XP. Hopefully this won't be the tendency through the game. Oddity eliminated the need to kill, but doing the same with quests leave very little motivation for the players. I mean those are the two things people play games. If they are taken away, that leaves them collecting used metro tickets from dustbins to be the MAIN way to grow. Not so epic.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 06:34:39 am by Vokial »