Author Topic: how the hell do I get through this [spoiler i guess]  (Read 1580 times)

Existentialism

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
how the hell do I get through this [spoiler i guess]
« on: July 25, 2020, 01:55:40 pm »
i'm currently going through the gray army bunker in the Dude sidequest, and I literally have no clue how to proceed. i can't convince the guards to let through, I don't have the firepower or ammunition to take everyone out, my lockpick and hacking skills are too low to open any doors, and I can't break through any of the vents. should I just reload a save I made before going through the warp, or is there another way?

Stavrophore

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: how the hell do I get through this [spoiler i guess]
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 04:11:25 pm »
Kill officer in toilet, get his clothes, go upstairs for keycard[office on the right in the desk], open the warehouse, get oil, and you are done.

mattu

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: how the hell do I get through this [spoiler i guess]
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 07:55:57 pm »
If you are too low level, this quest will be extremely difficult. I wait until L12 or so before trying it. If you're at L9 or something it's going to be pretty hard.

Reloading before the warp might be a good idea. Just don't try to play from a save where you used up your first Juice without going through the warp, I think you're screwed if you do that.

If you have reasonable stealth (maybe 100 counting gear, idk exactly) and either 85 or 90 effective lockpicking you can pretty much stealth and use vents to get your way through with no fights and no uniform shenanigans. This is easy once you know what to do (will require more experimentation the first time) and is the way I usually do it.

You can also wear the uniforms and get around the base pretty effectively. Any character should be able to get the basic uniform in the locker in the southeast room in the first zone. With a uniform male characters should be able to bluff their way out of some interactions even with 0 persuasion, but not all interactions. However, you can also use the uniforms kind of like stealth, allowing you to be in view of the soldiers as long as you don't get close enough to trigger the dialogs.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 07:58:06 pm by mattu »