Author Topic: Chemical Pistol Hit%?  (Read 1229 times)

HappyRBX

• Noob
    • View Profile
Chemical Pistol Hit%?
« on: August 13, 2020, 02:50:27 pm »
Curious if I'm doing something wrong and need to slap myself across the face, here. My chemical pistol hit chance is 78% - 79% in close (melee range), falling off as quickly as 3 squares away which makes sense given their Range and Optimal Range. I have 8 PER, which I thought was usually enough for weapons that have very low range, and as far as I can tell these have no STR or specific Skill requirement, so my thought was that they'd be fairly easy to get decent accuracy with similar to regular pistols and SMGs. Is that not the case? Do I need more PER? I can get 90% (the cap) with Cooked Shot several squares away, much farther even, so that doesn't seem to make a ton of sense. I've tried Night Vision and that doesn't increase my hit% literally at all.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Chemical Pistol Hit%?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 06:15:07 pm »
Your hit chance is contested by the opponent's Dodge or Evasion (Evasion, obviously, for ranged weapons) so you'll generally see a lower hit % on a target than your base hit chance; Cooked Shot, however, is an AoE and isn't contested but rather has its damage mitigated directly, which is probably why you see the hit chance higher for that.  There are other complicating factors like lighting or weapon durability.  If you haven't yet, you should take a look at this wiki page: https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Precision

HappyRBX

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Chemical Pistol Hit%?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 06:46:06 pm »
Yeah, after some more play it does seem based on Evasion, but I've played a great many builds and have never seen Evasion affect hit chance this badly... Hmm! Interesting to learn that Cooked Shot works different though, that's actually really good!