Author Topic: Recommendation for a high agility build  (Read 3741 times)

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Recommendation for a high agility build
« on: November 11, 2020, 02:23:59 pm »
Agility is that one stat I never raise above 6 in any build I play. All the other stats either directly boost an offensive skill, or have a feat or side effects that makes them increase your damage output. Agility doesn't have much beyond Ambush and Blitz, at least it seems to me.

I get that having access to very high dodge, evasion, movement points, and stealth is kind of useful, but I don't know if that's going to help carry an entire playthrough, at least on Hard and above.

However, I'm curious to try a playthrough that has access to all those agility checks, especially the absurdly high Expedition ones.

I'm thinking of maybe a versatile shotgun / crossbow stealth build?

Also, I usually play Oddity, but I get that it's probably the kind of build that's not going to be able to afford to grab Hacking/Lockpicking/Pickpocketing and crafting at the same time. I can try to play classic xp for once.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Recommendation for a high agility build
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 04:05:51 pm »
Snipe could provide good value here.

A mix of shotgun and sniper action could take care of large portion of the game while not going too heavily into Perception - as you will be able to selectively use the sniper against low Evasion targets.

Another way to do things is to do go max Dex with Pneumatic Leather Gloves/Versatility and use Dodge plus maxed Evasion for some extra points on the side. A lot of Evasion will have noticeable effects on the gameplay, but you shouldn't try and push your luck to see if you can dodge that Aimed Shot here.

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 05:24:24 pm »
Having a Sniper as a source of high damage for low evasion, high DR targets seems like a good idea.

I didn't realize shotguns had Leading Shot to greatly reduce the effects of Evasion. I've never played shotguns, how reliable is Leading Shot across the entire game? I can imagine certain encounters with a swarm of melee enemies and high evasion ranged targets might be annoying, such as Locusts + Serpents in Expedition. Though I'll probably have enough stealth to just TNT my way through locusts.

So I'll probably want 10 PER for Snipe and/or Sharpshooter, 5 STR for sniper and shotgun requirements, 6-7 INT for crafting. I'm not sure whether I want 3 DEX / 16 AGI or 7  DEX / 12 AGI. The latter would give me access to Escape Artist and grenade feats, and would allow me to easily get a few points in Throwing, Lockpicking, and Pickpocketing. The former would ensure I have access to all the AGI checks, and crazy high dodge/evasion/stealth

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 05:41:42 pm »
Personally I'd go for the for 7 Dex 12 Agi, but that's entirely up to you. I just think it opens very good options that way.

Leading shot is very reliable. Do note that it does have a requirement for it to work.

Every specific enemy in the game has some sort of armour that can reduce said enemy's damage to 0. Having those, especially as a crafty character is a huge boon. The CAU armour in particular is very appropriate in general for the Expedition. If you're going for that particular build you'll be able to Snipe down the Hives as they don't have any DR at all.