Author Topic: One Punch Man  (Read 6345 times)

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
One Punch Man
« on: August 01, 2021, 08:52:52 pm »
Hello,
I had this SI build brewing in my head, about using Heavy Punch on Combo Strikes and Pneumatic Strikes (updated to v3):

https://underrail.info/build/?HgUOBwkDAwUyPADCoCgAwoJBKzIAZngzO2YALQB2AABVGDliIBIGKxMHS07Co8KHMTzCszfinY0K4p-EAeKnvgTfvw

Idea is to get a super high mobility from Fancy Footwork, 4AP Combat Glove hits and every 3rd and 4th to be a Heavy Punch for that x1.8 multiplier.
Total Crit Chance 78% = 5% Base + 12% from 17DEX + 30% from SI + 7% Reckless + 15% Focus Stim + 9% Infused Rathound Leather Armor
Crit Damage Bonus 340% = 100% Cheapshots(10) * 2.4 Critical Power(4) + 100% base

*You need to be on Eel Sandwitch, for 17DEX*
Lvl1: https://underrail.info/build/?AQUKBgkDAwQACgAPDwAPDwoAAAoADwAAAAAAAAAADxg5378
- Lvl 4 +1INT
- Lvl 8 +1AGI
- Everything after to DEX

Hit sequence is something like: ×ש℗ש×℗©××MEGA-HIT(combined ©Combo+℗Pneumatic) 😆🤣🤣 (not accounting for misses as they reset Combo)
AP: 4,4,8,8,4,8,4,8,8,4,4,8(!) = 72AP for MEGA-HIT™ rotation 😆 (not accounting for misses)
If I remember correctly, Combo has a counter in buff section. But if you lost count of say Pneumatics, just Heavy Punch, Heavy Punch, Heavy Punch... 😆 a thinking mans' build 😁

This build also has Versitility to have some SMG W2C options vs some enemies as a secondary and Electrokinetic Imprint for defense.
Pick up Spec Ops earlier if you want.
+ 1 open Feat for whatever you want.

Gear:
- Reinforced Pneumatic Leather Gloves of highest quality leather you can get. (will need to test Bladed for Taste for Blood).
- Rapid Muzzled (whatever caliber best to burst more at the time) Steelcat as a backup once we have Versatility.
- Medicine Belt. Keep Ammo belt around (Beast fight, robot and crab infested areas.. 😅).
- Ninja Tabis for Sneaks. Infused Cave Hopper Tabis for most of the fighting and Infused Siphoner Tabis for certain spidey areas 😁 (they can be switched for free if you start combat)
- Infused Rathound Leather Armor (Black and Soft) for crits. Avarage of 9% bonus. Before that, a Black Sturdy Laminated Tac Vest is best or Siphoner/Mutated Dog Leather Armor (for Acidy fights)
- Motion Tracking Goggles Goggles most of the time. Can swap out to NVG Seeker goggles maybe if/when needed. And Black Balaclava for sneaks ofc. (can be swapped out for free if you start combat).

Note: Once you noticed that you overkill a lot with Pneumatic Heavy Punches, you can try using lower quality Pneumatic Hammers to conserve battery usage. Remember - recharging a battery is not punching 😆

No videos yet. This will be my next playthrough 😄
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 12:33:50 pm by RewRatt »

PQNY

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: One Punch Man
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 04:53:41 pm »
You can hit twice with a different weapon in other hand (let's say ripper's glove or the claw to proc taste for blood) then hit combo punch with pneumatic glove and the third punch after that will be combo+pneumatic hit, that will be only 24 AP.

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 07:47:05 am »
You can hit twice with a different weapon in other hand (let's say ripper's glove or the claw to proc taste for blood) then hit combo punch with pneumatic glove and the third punch after that will be combo+pneumatic hit, that will be only 24 AP.
If you know that Pneumatic is on next strike with that glove, you can setup Combo that way ofc. But as I mentioned, it doesn't account for misses, so you have to track everything yourself to get the most out of it 😄

SoZettaSlow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 06:24:30 pm »
How does this build feel in the early game? Also now is it new player friendly? Would I be able to run this on my first run or would it require more knowledge of the game to play it smoothly? Also any advice on this build starting out like things to get or look out for? Thanks for the help and looks very interesting! Idea of just punching someone to death sounds cool XD

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 06:14:56 am »
How does this build feel in the early game? Also now is it new player friendly? Would I be able to run this on my first run or would it require more knowledge of the game to play it smoothly? Also any advice on this build starting out like things to get or look out for? Thanks for the help and looks very interesting! Idea of just punching someone to death sounds cool XD
I wouldn't recommend using Survival Instincts to a new player, just because it leaves you super vurnelable if you don't know the encounter and is difficult to maintain. But in this build, you don't have to use it at all, unless you are comfy 😁 Actually running around with 9CON is great for a new player to get familiar with the game.
 Start is easy, thanks to the fact that this is a Stealthy Dexterity build - you will get to start fights on your own terms, and take out 1-2 enemies on first turn. And when you make your first Combat Glove with Pneumatic Hammer, you will never want to go back 😄
 Also, play on Normal for the first time 😉 get your feet wet 😄
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 06:25:10 am by RewRatt »

SoZettaSlow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 06:34:08 am »
I wouldn't recommend using Survival Instincts to a new player, just because it leaves you super vurnelable if you don't know the encounter and is difficult to maintain. But in this build, you don't have to use it at all, unless you are comfy 😁 Actually running around with 9CON is great for a new player to get familiar with the game.
 Start is easy, thanks to the fact that this is a Stealthy Dexterity build - you will get to start fights on your own terms, and take out 1-2 enemies on first turn. And when you make your first Combat Glove with Pneumatic Hammer, you will never want to go back 😄
 Also, play on Normal for the first time 😉 get your feet wet 😄
What weapon should I use until I make a combat glove with pneumatic hammer (and by like what level would I be able to do this?) Also there a guide on crafting I can read up because I have no idea how to even make it hahaha. Should I just use any melee weapon until I make the glove? (like  pick a melee weapon when getting my weapon back from the armory?) Thanks for answering!

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 01:27:26 pm »
What weapon should I use until I make a combat glove with pneumatic hammer (and by like what level would I be able to do this?) Also there a guide on crafting I can read up because I have no idea how to even make it hahaha. Should I just use any melee weapon until I make the glove? (like  pick a melee weapon when getting my weapon back from the armory?) Thanks for answering!
- Combat Knife or Dagger would be the best (as they are light weapons that get AP cost lowered by DEX) until level 4, then you will pick up Lightning Punches.Or earlier if you make yourself Pneumatic Combat Gloves 😁
- On Normal and Hard, I would say pick up a 5mm pistol from the Armory and sell it together with ammo, then buy a good knife from same Armory trader. You will get some extra cash that way.
- You can make a Pneumatic Combat glove as soon as you have high enough:

• Animal Leather (highest leather you can find, probably Rathound at this point) and Tailoring skill high enough for it
  • Pneumatic Hammer part - look through all the traders, but mainly Harold (in Engineering) and will need Mechanics skill
  • Combat Glove recipe from Big Bret in Agronomy
  • Plasma Core (together with Electronics skill) you can get from Ezra in Cyber Labs
For reference, if I get lucky enough, I can make it before doing Rescue Newton quest. And if you go to Junkyard before doing it - more so.
Crafting wiki: https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Crafting
Combat Gloves wiki topic: https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Combat_Gloves
Combat Gloves Recipe topic: https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Blueprint:_Combat_Gloves

SoZettaSlow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 08:39:08 pm »
Got all the items but lack mechanic and electronic. Going to have to get to lvl 6 before I can make it Rip XD Also what should I add plate or spikes?

Edit: Also any advice on dealing with robots early on because I do no damage to them.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 11:17:03 pm by SoZettaSlow »

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 08:12:00 am »
Also what should I add plate or spikes?
a) Never Spike this early 😆. Damage is separate and subject to Threshhold, so pretty much useless. b) I always used plate, until I got Taste for Blood. But now I am thinking, if I can proc bleeding on a Heavy Strike Combo or more importantly Pneumatic Strike, enemy can bleed out in Incapacitation if they survive. I would suggest - make a save before you create the gauntlet, and test it for yourself, see what you like 😄 c) Experiment with Spikes later on when damage ramps up.
Also any advice on dealing with robots early on because I do no damage to them.
I imagine you are speaking of Sentry Bots:
- Try using only Heavy Strikes on them to overcome Damage Threshold.
- At level 6 you should pick up Expose Weakness and have no problems after that.
- And with Pneumatic Combat Glove you will have high damage hits to overcome their threshold.
- Get or make an Electroshock Glove/Knife and after taser they should die in 2nd round easily.
- Get a Laminated Tactical Vest so they deal no damage to you 😁. You can get a free one and a shield in Junkyard, and here is a vid how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCk0--8Vpgc
As you won't have instant traps, simply use more Burrower and Regular Caltrops around the exit and few more pulls 😄 You can buy Burrower Caltrops from hunter trader and doctor in Junkyard.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 08:50:13 am by RewRatt »

SoZettaSlow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2021, 12:20:15 am »
Also any advice on dealing with robots early on because I do no damage to them.
I imagine you are speaking of Sentry Bots:
- Try using only Heavy Strikes on them to overcome Damage Threshold.
- At level 6 you should pick up Expose Weakness and have no problems after that.
- And with Pneumatic Combat Glove you will have high damage hits to overcome their threshold.
- Get or make an Electroshock Glove/Knife and after taser they should die in 2nd round easily.
- Get a Laminated Tactical Vest so they deal no damage to you 😁. You can get a free one and a shield in Junkyard, and here is a vid how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCk0--8Vpgc
As you won't have instant traps, simply use more Burrower and Regular Caltrops around the exit and few more pulls 😄 You can buy Burrower Caltrops from hunter trader and doctor in Junkyard.
I got the shield but the vest was not as good as it showed in the video. Mine was only 3 instead of 6 like shown in the video. I wonder if that's rng.

Edit: Also how do I get stronger gloves? Mine does 7-12 and just feel very lacking? I cleared depot A mostly from just throwing molotivs XD
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 06:51:43 am by SoZettaSlow »

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2021, 07:10:33 am »
I got the shield but the vest was not as good as it showed in the video. Mine was only 3 instead of 6 like shown in the video. I wonder if that's rng.

Edit: Also how do I get stronger gloves? Mine does 7-12 and just feel very lacking? I cleared depot A mostly from just throwing molotivs XD
It is all rng, like all the loot in this game, bar uniques 😄
Yeah. Grab some higher level leather like the one from Mutated Dogs or Siphoners in the pools West(screen north) of Junkyard. You can find Q60+ leather from those.

Congrats on Depot A, espially for first timer 😁

SoZettaSlow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2021, 08:51:25 am »

It is all rng, like all the loot in this game, bar uniques 😄
Yeah. Grab some higher level leather like the one from Mutated Dogs or Siphoners in the pools West(screen north) of Junkyard. You can find Q60+ leather from those.

Congrats on Depot A, espially for first timer 😁
Thanks! A lot of resetting hahaha. I did go lvl up coz I was like lvl 6 and made some armor to help a lot. So not sure if I'm using the build correctly. Do I build up hits with normal punches then heavy punch on the Pneumatic trigger? I also didn't realize I had heavy punch until I got to depot and had to deal with the sentries lol.

One thing would be nice if you could add to the build guide is like what skills to focus on? Like always keep certain skills maxed or other skills can be obtained later because I felt like i didn't realize I needed some skills until it was too late and had to grind a lvl or so. Maybe some general direction on what main ones to keep up and what can be obtained in the later levels would help a lot!

Off to the rest of the game XD

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2021, 10:19:03 am »
Thanks! A lot of resetting hahaha. I did go lvl up coz I was like lvl 6 and made some armor to help a lot. So not sure if I'm using the build correctly. Do I build up hits with normal punches then heavy punch on the Pneumatic trigger? I also didn't realize I had heavy punch until I got to depot and had to deal with the sentries lol.

One thing would be nice if you could add to the build guide is like what skills to focus on? Like always keep certain skills maxed or other skills can be obtained later because I felt like i didn't realize I needed some skills until it was too late and had to grind a lvl or so. Maybe some general direction on what main ones to keep up and what can be obtained in the later levels would help a lot!

Off to the rest of the game XD
Yes, use Heavy Strike on Pneumatic trigger or when you need to get through heavy DT better.
Craft your own Tac Vest if the one you found is rubbish 😄 pick up any Laminated Panel of quality 40+, any Carrier Vest and Black Cloth. You will have enough DT to ignore Sentry Bots. Blueprint sold in SGS armory.
Also, Kevlar Balaclava is +6DT vs bullets and doesn't care about quality.

Oh, what skill to pick and when mostly comes with experience. But the basics are - 45 Mercantile for when you have done Silent Isle for Eels in Junkyard, to get top inventory from Blaine. He sells Tabi Blueprint and up to Quality110 components and items before Depot A
- Always Max your combat skill. In this case, Melee.
- 40 (only spent points count) Dodge ASAP for Fancy-Footwork and Escape Artist.
- 60 Hacking for turrets in Depot A
- 55-60 (efective) lockpick for Protectorate Prison and Depot A (+7 from Jack Knife from GMS)
- Pickpocket at 55-70 (effective) for all of Junkyard and SGS (money, Adrenaline and ammo to sell for money) and most of everywhere else. After Depot A get 80-90 for all the loots.
- Leave Biology at 0 until after Depot A if you have to. Then to 50 for Focus Stims. Keep animal parts around somewhere for that.
- For this build focus on Tailoring, Electronics and Mechanics, but ideally when you have the part and you know how much you need. Use Under-Pie for +3 to crafting skills if needed.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 10:34:51 am by RewRatt »

SoZettaSlow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2021, 06:16:26 am »
I finished up most of the foundry quest line and is trying to rescue hugo. However since the build has no intimation or persusion I'm struggling with the bandits. They basically kill me in 1 round of combat. Currently lvl 11 but every bandit like around Foundry just instant kill me. Any suggestions? (I want to help the faceless so I can rescue the guy at the crossing)

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2021, 09:58:27 am »
I finished up most of the foundry quest line and is trying to rescue hugo. However since the build has no intimation or persusion I'm struggling with the bandits. They basically kill me in 1 round of combat. Currently lvl 11 but every bandit like around Foundry just instant kill me. Any suggestions? (I want to help the faceless so I can rescue the guy at the crossing)
Kill the first lone guard out of Stealth as they are not-hostile immediately, then as you should have Fancy Footwork, get behind the corner. When they close in and group up, throw a Flash Bang, then mop up the rest. Also, you have 9CON (or should have if its this build). Pop Morphine if you are out in the open and switch on your shield.