Author Topic: Shotguns and Two weapons  (Read 4034 times)

Vicente

• Noob
    • View Profile
Shotguns and Two weapons
« on: September 17, 2013, 04:02:10 pm »
I want to first say that I loved your game.

I wonder if you've already thought about adding "Shotguns" the arsenal of the game? It would be interesting to see firearms that were more efficient at short distances than long, as opposed to the "sniper rifle".

Have you thought about adding the possibility to use two small guns at the same time? two pistols or SMGs. Could be a way to match pistols and SMGs to rifles, at least with regard to the damage, the hit could receive a penalty, to ensure a certain balance.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Shotguns and Two weapons
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 04:35:00 pm »
Adding new weapon types that require new graphics to the game at this point is extremely costly, so that won't be happening I'm afraid.

That said, I too would like to see shotguns and I'm sorry now that I haven't included them from the start. So if I ever decide to add another weapon type, like through an expansion, DLC or some such, it will almost certainly be shotguns.

Dual wielding would entail even more cost in graphics and a bunch of coding in many aspects of the game, so that won't be happening.

Vicente

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 05:40:30 pm »
Thanks for the quick answers. And thank you for creating such a good game, something I had not seen for a long time.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 11:07:47 am »
A military shotgun doesn't look all that different from a rifle at the resolutions we're talking of here. ;D
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

zsewqthewolf

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 04:26:17 pm »
Adding new weapon types that require new graphics to the game at this point is extremely costly, so that won't be happening I'm afraid.

That said, I too would like to see shotguns and I'm sorry now that I haven't included them from the start. So if I ever decide to add another weapon type, like through an expansion, DLC or some such, it will almost certainly be shotguns.

Dual wielding would entail even more cost in graphics and a bunch of coding in many aspects of the game, so that won't be happening.

I would love to see a DLC where you can craft shotguns like one from metro 2033 and last light. Shotguns or the most sample ballistic weapon you can ever make in life.

Also i would like to see you adding in pipe bombs too. If you do make this DLC i would buy it in a heart beat.

Also i would like to ask you what you base this game off. Because it feel like a fallout game but done way better in the name of controls and the trading system is a lot better too in how you make people what they want.

Also i would like a carfting system where you do traler and earro.

Btw i got your game on steam

Agame

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 08:59:42 am »
A military shotgun doesn't look all that different from a rifle at the resolutions we're talking of here. ;D

I second this  :)

I would happily pay extra for a shotgun in this game! The shotgun (particularly burst fire shottys  :D) was always my favourite weapon in Fallout... there is just something beautiful and iconic about this weapon in a post apocalyptic scenario.

Anyway fantastic game so far!

movingtarget

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 06:31:57 pm »

Here is a link to the saga 12k a semi,auto shotgun based off the ak47 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saiga-12

To make a Shotgun based off of a ingame rifle all you would need to do is add in a 10ga,12ga,16ga,20ga,or 410 bore barrel and ammo for such. Smaller shells like the 20ga and 410 bore could be used in medium to heavy pistols or smg's
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:35:23 pm by movingtarget »