Author Topic: Mercantile doesn't seem to have an effect on buying and selling items  (Read 533 times)

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
I'm playing on Dominating difficulty.
I can see a change in prices when I equip and unequip Waist Pack (+10 Mercantile), but there's no change when I upgrade my Mercantile by 10 or more.
Also after levelling up and upgrading my Mercantile skill, equipping and unequipping Waist Pack does not change prices anymore either.

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Mercantile doesn't seem to have an effect on buying and selling items
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 01:09:42 am »
I can see a change in prices when I equip and unequip Waist Pack (+10 Mercantile), but there's no change when I upgrade my Mercantile by 10 or more.
Also after levelling up and upgrading my Mercantile skill, equipping and unequipping Waist Pack does not change prices anymore either.

Cap on sell price on DOM is quite low (25%) so you can reach it relatively quickly. I do not know exact numbers from top of my head.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 02:48:33 am »

Cap on sell price on DOM is quite low (25%) so you can reach it relatively quickly. I do not know exact numbers from top of my head.

Strange, I wouldn't have guessed there's a cap that works like that, it's called "sale value modifier" after all. Also there is still buggy behavior with Waist Pack vs. levelling up.

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 09:09:38 am »
There's a cap on how much item prices can be reduced but there's no information available about this cap. It could be a soft cap that reduces the value of each point invested in mercantile or it could be a hard cap that prevents items from being sold for less than 115% of their base cost.
Valor's favorite poster

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 10:09:38 am »
There is no hidden cap when it comes to selling items. The difficulty modifies that value of items sold, as stated on the game rules screen.

The mercantile modifies the "merchant's reaction" which modifies the price of the items you're buying and is capped at 115% min (regardless of difficulty).

What seems to be happening is that all the merchants have their base reaction set to 2.0, so it only takes 85 skill (85 * 0.01) to cap it out.

So, we'll need to up these numbers. These are rookie numbers.